fetchEpisodeList feature request

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
G_G inks
Power User

fetchEpisodeList feature request

Post by G_G inks »

Have you considered passing fetchEpisodeList a list of seasons NOT to scrape?

I'm just about finished my "MissingEpisodes" script and found I'm immediately discarding 99% of the scrapped information because:
  • When the wife gets onto a new reality show I only need the latest seasons (I don't feel the need to archive those shows for future generations ;))
  • When a season is completed, I no longer wish to check that folder (I don't care when someone changes an apostrophe on the DB)
When I have a complete show and I've manually checked it's stopped airing, I don't scrape for it to save time and bandwidth. The downside of that is with shows like "Family Guy" that get canceled and come back and others that have specials after going of air.

I'm keen to hear you thoughts since obviously, you'll know what's going on under the hood. Just a thought and I'll be sharing the script shortly. But don't get too excited because I've never worked with Java or Groovy before.
rednoah
The Source

Re: fetchEpisodeList feature request

Post by rednoah »

fetchEpisodeList uses the TheTVDB API and grabs it's data from the "Full Series Record":
http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/Programmers_API

There's only the full series record or individual episode records. In the API there's also a way to see what shows/episodes have been modified. I don't use that so it's not part of the FileBot APIs. But it's all xml so it's very easy to work with with Groovy XmlSlurper GPath etc
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.