Feature Request - Meta agent IMVDB (Music Video Clips)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Brazaku

Feature Request - Meta agent IMVDB (Music Video Clips)

Post by Brazaku »

With the beta of Emby comming out with the option to query the IMVDB for music video's and Plex supporting music video's it would be nice if we can use the IMVDB for this https://imvdb.com/developers/api
rednoah
The Source

Re: Feature Request - Meta agent IMVDB (Music Video Clips)

Post by rednoah »

Interesting. Let's see if we get a few user votes for this feature. In the meanwhile, please post lots of sample file paths here, so that I can have some test data to test with.

:?: Does Plex use IMVDB for meta info on music video files? Is there a documented naming standard for music video files yet?

:idea: Using AcoustID should work for most music videos, assuming they sound the same as the original music file and are about the same length.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Brazaku

Post by Brazaku »

Thx for the quick reaction, and to answer your questions:

Plex itself does not use music video metadata (I find that a real bummer) however it useses a naming convention similar to music naming to "attach" the music video clip at the artist(s) . Also you can set things like -live -lyrics etc.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/205568 ... ic-videos/

Emby in Beta has the IMVDB as Scraper option.

I realy hope that Plex in the future wil have an option to add Music Video's as an separate Libary. So that you can make easy video playlists to display on the Televison
devster

Post by devster »

On a positive note IMVDB has a documented API available.
I cannot speak for Plex, but in Kodi there's support for music video but no "official" scraper for them. The 2 most used ones are based on either IMVDB or TheAudioDB, but suggested naming scheme is just:

Code: Select all

C:\Kodi Sources\Mvids\Artist - Title.mkv
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
Brazaku

Post by Brazaku »

Goodmorning,

As requested I have tested AcoustID with 320 Music Video's (Mostly mkv - h264 and h265), ripped from top 40 collection DVD's.

Got some mixed results, roughly 50% of them matched and i renamed them automatic (Thx for the tip:), is used the format below:

U:\Media\Muziek Video's\Artist\Artist - Songtitle.ext

However I have about 5000 different clips and roughly 700 artists (Excluding concerts), at the moment i rename about 10 a day manually because I was not smart enough when ripping my dvd's to use a UNC ;). For your info I have structured my file directory on my NAS as so:

U:\Media\Type\

So for example:

U:\Media\Films\
U:\Media\3D\
U:\Media\4K\
U:\Media\Muziek\

For the file naming convention I use:

Movies: \Genre\Movie Name (year)\Movie Name - (Year) - resolution.ext
Music: \Artist\Album\nr - songtitle.ext

For music i would prefer (if anyone has other suggestions please let me know)

\Artist\Artist\Artist - Songtitle-live.ext -live, -concert, -lyrics, -video(If nothing is set Plex assumes -video as default).

If you are going to implement this feature I am willing to test with my library. I Can make a fileset of different music vid's, for which I know are good (Some official vid's, some bootleg/homemade to make it more challenging).