Any Plans For Windows 7 Support?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
io2red

Any Plans For Windows 7 Support?

Post by io2red »

Hello there FileBot community!

A friend of mine recently told me about FileBot and I thought it sounded pretty useful. But after reading the website it sounds like this is only available for Windows 10. I'm still using Windows 7 and want to be able to use the program, but am currently unable to do so.

Are there any plans to support Windows 7 at any point in the near future? Or is there some way install this on Windows 7 that I am unaware of?
ZeroByDivide

Re: Any Plans For Windows 7 Support?

Post by ZeroByDivide »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5729 I'd suggest reading.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Any Plans For Windows 7 Support?

Post by rednoah »

If I could find an easy way to handle licensing (e.g. via some sort of paid service) then yes. Unfortunately, AFAIK there is no such service, and implementing that part myself would require lots of effort and continues maintenance for the next 10+ years which I'd rather avoid, since Windows Store takes care of that for the vast majority of users.

For existing users, I do maintain a backport that works on Windows 7, however, it's a slightly older versions, and I don't have an automated sales / licensing system, so it comes at a significantly higher cost (i.e. time for me, money for you) and is not recommended for normal or new users:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5729
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.