[BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
MasterCATZ

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by MasterCATZ »

Alright, how do I go about a lifetime license for my Ubuntu system?

tho I already paid for this before and then you pulled the plug on the Ubuntu store
vincen

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by vincen »

Debian package on Ubuntu 18.04 gives me that error when trying to run it:
vincen@fixe:~$ filebot
Gtk-Message: 12:19:30.514: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
vincen@fixe:~$
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

MasterCATZ wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 08:02 Alright, how do I go about a lifetime license for my Ubuntu system?
As of now, there are only 1 year licenses. Assuming that the current implementation works well, then I might start issuing licenses without expiration date around this time next year, for the price of around ~50 USD.

:idea: Though I'm inclined to make life-time licenses available on request for long-term supporters, so things get tested before any kind of larger-scale rollout.

MasterCATZ wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 08:02 you pulled the plug on the Ubuntu store
Me? :lol: Like I'm quite sure it was Canonical that discontinued their Store and basically gave up on their Desktop story. It's unfortunate. I'm happy to personally reimburse you those $3 though. :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

vincen wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 10:20 Debian package on Ubuntu 18.04 gives me that error when trying to run it:
Gtk-Message: 12:19:30.514: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
This is a GTK message, and it's effectively just a warning message. If FileBot is indeed not working, then the cause is likely completely unrelated to this message.

You can get rid of this warning by installing canberra-gtk-module:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module libcanberra-gtk3-module

This command will launch the GUI application, and since there's no error, I can only assume that FileBot was successfully launched:

filebot
What exactly is not working? Are you trying to use the GUI? CLI? Does filebot -script fn:sysinfo work?
Reefs

Post by Reefs »

I’d be interested in being one of your test subjects for a lifetime licence. Let me know if I make your shortlist.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Windows 7 /10 taskbar is fixed with r5684 or higher. I'll upload new builds today or tomorrow.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Reefs wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 06:19 I’d be interested in being one of your test subjects for a lifetime licence. Let me know if I make your shortlist.
Anybody interested in a Cross-Platform Life-Time License, please sign up here, so I can keep you updated and have all your forum user names available so I can PM you individually once I've got something.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6023
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 15:21 This is a GTK message, and it's effectively just a warning message. If FileBot is indeed not working, then the cause is likely completely unrelated to this message.
You can get rid of this warning by installing canberra-gtk-module:

sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module libcanberra-gtk3-module
This command will launch the GUI application, and since there's no error, I can only assume that FileBot was successfully launched:

filebot
What exactly is not working? Are you trying to use the GUI? CLI? Does filebot -script fn:sysinfo work?
Installed these two extra packages but now when I start filebot I get that error:

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c :165 : dequeue_pending_request:  l'assertion « !xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq » a échoué.
Aborted (core dumped)
and then tried to start it from graphic and then it runs fine, very strange... but at least it looks to work for now so deleted the snap version I was previously using !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

dequeue_pending_request ... xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq ...
I've seen that before. Maybe a Gnome Shell bug? A reboot should fix the problem.
mmeklenschek

Post by mmeklenschek »

I just purchased the beta license and when I try to activate it I get,

License Error: License Expired
I tried both on Linux and Windows.

Is it because of the timezone?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Mike
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, there was something broken on the license server. Should be fixed now. Please clear the cache and try again.
bigpoopapizza

Post by bigpoopapizza »

Hello,

I am using filebot on my Mac. Now I wanted to use it on my Synology NAS
I have installed FileBot_4.8.2_noarch.spk from https://get.filebot.net/filebot/FileBot_4.8.2/
and
filebot-node-0.2.8-noarch.spk from https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node/releases

When I open filebot node I cannot config the format. I just see this:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 261047.png

What can i do?
How can i config the format, I think in the lower section is something missing.
I have installed the java, so this error is not there anymore

Cheers

Bigpoopa
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you're saying the web app doesn't render correctly in your browser? What browser are you using?
bigpoopapizza

Post by bigpoopapizza »

Ok i just read it in an other post. I was using Safari on a Mac.

Thank you :D
bookedirl

Post by bookedirl »

Been awhile since I had to install FileBot on my raspberrypi... Is this version now supported on Linux? Is there an up-to-date guide on how to install it? There was a lot of extra stuff that needed to be installed.. JNA, JAVA, MediaInfo.. etc... Is this still the case?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. Same as always. You can get the generic Linux package, extract, run, look at the output and fix things as they come up. If you have java working, then it'll probably work out of the box.

Here's a helper script:

sh -xu <<< "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/plugins/master/installer/tar.sh)"

Native dependencies such as JNA / MediaInfo / etc have always been optional. They're not required to run FileBot, but may be required depending on what you're doing.
bookedirl

Post by bookedirl »

I tried the script you posted and after running it, it says

FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz: FAILED
sha256sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
+ exit 1
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Since the packages are updated frequently these days, hash mismatches are expected. You can just skip that step.
Femfisle

Post by Femfisle »

Hi.

I am trying to purchase the yearly subscription, but when I press the link that pops up nothing happens. Any tips? This is on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide a screenshot of “nothing happens” please?

Like, what package are you using? SNAP or DEB or TAR? Does the purchase page not open? Or does the browser open but nothing loads? Or JavaScript errors? What browser are you using?
Femfisle

Post by Femfisle »

I use FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb. What happens is that when I press the purchase link the window containing the options of purchase and registering key just closes. Nothing happens in the browser. No new tabs. I have Firefox as default browser. If I press the register key option however, the expected window opens as it should and I can select the location of the key file.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. It should open a link in your browser, which I guess doesn't work on your particular distribution. It works on my Ubuntu 18.04 though. What Desktop environment are you using? Default Gnome Shell? Anything noteworthy to mention that might make your system significantly different from a fresh Ubuntu install?

What does the FileBot error log say, if anything? You can find the error log in your $HOME/.filebot folder.
Femfisle

Post by Femfisle »

It didn't occur to me that it could be the desktop environment. I use xfce 4.12.

GNU nano 2.5.3                   File: error.log                                              
Jul 11, 2018 8:47:28 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
SEVERE: Failed to open URI: https://www.filebot.net/purchase.html#deb
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "xdg-open": error=2, No such file or directory
        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.openURI(SwingUI.java:87)
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$createLicensePopup$7(RenameAction.java:251)        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$LambdaAction.actionPerformed(SwingUI.java:388)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        ... 3 more

Jul 11, 2018 8:47:49 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "xdg-open": error=2, No such file or directory
        at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$createLicensePopup$7(RenameAction.java:251)        at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$LambdaAction.actionPerformed(SwingUI.java:388)
        ... 3 more

Jul 11, 2018 8:56:41 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
        ... 3 more

Jul 11, 2018 8:56:49 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
        ... 3 more

Jul 11, 2018 8:57:02 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
        ... 3 more

Jul 11, 2018 9:06:58 PM net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI openURI
                                       [ Read 63 lines ]
^G Get Help     ^O Write Out    ^W Where Is     ^K Cut Text     ^J Justify      ^C Cur Pos
^X Exit         ^R Read File    ^\ Replace      ^U Uncut Text   ^T To Spell     ^_ Go To Line 
Thanks for the help :)
Femfisle

Post by Femfisle »

I reinstalled xdg-utils, and now it works. :)