[BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by rednoah »

Please check again. It works for me, and other users have reported that it works now as well. If it still doesn't work, please post the SHA-256 checksum of the SPK file you're using, so that we can confirm that we're on the same page.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Rabtor

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by Rabtor »

"You may need to hit CTRL+R to reload the page. If you're using the Synology Package Manager, you might need to uninstall and then reinstall. Maybe click the Refresh button before as well." This helped!

Thx man!
b33z

Post by b33z »

b33z wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 16:41
rednoah wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 06:14 Windows 7 /10 taskbar is fixed with r5684 or higher. I'll upload new builds today or tomorrow.
Perfect! Thanks Red!
Looks like I spoke too soon. Haven't had the chance to check things out completely until yesterday, but this is what I see when I click the icon pinned to the taskbar using build r5684 (updating today) and only happens when using the pinned icon:

happens everytime no matter what I do. Not really an issue for me as far as I can tell but I thought you should know of course.

UPDATE: just updated to 13-Jul-2018 build (not sure of the build number) and still the same as above.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m surprised Windows is smart enough to group the console window with the FileBot window.

Do you mean the console window? You can use and pin FileBot as opposed to FileBot (console) if you prefer not to see the console.
b33z

Post by b33z »

I'm not sure what YOU mean lol this is what I have:

I don't see an other option except With Console.. Am I missing something?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So the problem you wanted to illustrated in the previous post is that there's a console window? Or what the console window shows? Or something else?

The normal GUI launcher would be filebot.launcher.exe as oppose to the CLI launcher filebot.exe.
b33z

Post by b33z »

Ok.. i found it it here:

if i run "filebot" (which is filebot.launcher.exe) NOT console, or platform, it opens the launcher properly as you said. However, when I pin that same open window, then click the pinned link, it opens the console as well as the launcher

also, as you see in one of the previous screenshots, the start menu only shows console or uninstall

you see no open console:

but only console can be pinned:

so if i were to pin that, it would open console:
b33z

Post by b33z »

Shit! I'm going to be late! Gotta go but I'll check this thread with my phone asap.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Strange indeed. I'll investigate.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

b33z wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 19:10 if i run "filebot" (which is filebot.launcher.exe) NOT console, or platform, it opens the launcher properly as you said. However, when I pin that same open window, then click the pinned link, it opens the console as well as the launcher
Maybe fixed with FileBot r5725.
b33z

Post by b33z »

rednoah wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 05:26
b33z wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 19:10 if i run "filebot" (which is filebot.launcher.exe) NOT console, or platform, it opens the launcher properly as you said. However, when I pin that same open window, then click the pinned link, it opens the console as well as the launcher
Ok. I'll give her a whirl in the morning. Thanks
hshah
Donor

Post by hshah »

I've been using Filebot for a while now, donated beer money to @rednoah for his help on here to getting my setup working and at $6 a year I would be stupid to not had over the cash.

Excellently priced and the least you deserve for the amount FileBot has benefited loads and loads of people.
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

OK, I am ready to buy the annual licence... where do I go?
hshah
Donor

Post by hshah »

plittlefield wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 16:33 OK, I am ready to buy the annual licence... where do I go?
https://www.filebot.net/purchase.html

:)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The app will give you a link as you're using features that require a license.
raymond

Post by raymond »

I have MacOS app store FileBot installed. After installing FileBot 4.8.2 I had to do the following to make command line work

Change filebot symlink

Code: Select all

sudo mv /usr/local/bin/filebot /usr/local/bin/filebot.wrong
cd /usr/local/bin
sudo ln -s /Applications/FileBot.localized/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh filebot
Change filebot.sh

sudo vi /Applications/FileBot.localized/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh

#!/bin/sh
#FILEBOT_HOME="/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents"
FILEBOT_HOME="/Applications/FileBot.localized/FileBot.app/Contents"
JAVA_HOME="$FILEBOT_HOME/PlugIns/jre-10.0.1.jre/Contents/Home"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you take all the bits and pieces, then you can of course assembly something that runs, but it'll either require a standalone license, or the MAS license check will fail. Also, native libraries will not work due to code singing.

You can run filebot -script fn:sysinfo to run a self-check for yourself.

:idea: I recommend using either the Mac App Store version, or the brew cask stand-alone version, but not both at the same time.
b33z

Post by b33z »

b33z wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 06:35
rednoah wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 05:26
Ok. I'll give her a whirl in the morning. Thanks
Updated to 21-Jul-2018 build (not sure the build number) and that fixed it. Thanks once again rednoah!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for reporting back. +1
pfeerick

Post by pfeerick »

Just purchased an annual license, and registered one x64 ubuntu linux box with no issues using the latest build. Be interesting to see how well behaved the armhf box will be;) Both the payment and 'activation' processes were simple and straightforward, and the suggested layout you have for the downloads page looks good. I will swap over to a lifetime license when this one expires. Thanks for getting this up and running, and keeping this fantastic project going!
Pinqvin

Post by Pinqvin »

Registered here to report on my experiences with FreeBSD and to post some questions, but first of all: THANK YOU FOR UPDATING THE LINUX / UNIX BUILDS! And for providing this licensing option. Finally I can setup FileBot on my FreeNAS box for some automagic renaming action :)

Anyway, the only issue I noticed with FreeNAS 11 / FreeBSD 11 was that MediaInfo or JNA didn't work out of the box. To fix this, I downloaded this version of JNA and extracted it under lib/amd64 in the path where I extracted FileBot 4.8.2. The latest version of JNA didn't work due to FileBot expecting an earlier version, but it seemed to be fine with the 4.5.1 tagged one.

I noticed another issue with the update script, where it doesn't seem to work properly on FreeBSD, or at least reports some warnings / errors. The curl command used says that the -z option format isn't valid:

Warning: Illegal date format for -z, --time-cond (and not a file name).
Warning: Disabling time condition. See curl_getdate(3) for valid date syntax.
The download finishes besides these warnings, but the gpgv command isn't found:

./update-filebot.sh: gpgv: not found                                            
I have the latest version of gnupg available installed on the jail that I'm running FileBot in, perhaps this command just doesn't exist on FreeBSD? Anyway, this is a minor / non-issue for me personally, just wanted to report this in case you are interested in improving compatibility for non-Linux systems.

I noticed that the filebot.sh script does some system architecture checks to determine the method of file information detection:

# choose archive extractor / media characteristics parser                       
if uname -m | grep "86"; then                                                   
        # i686 or x86_64                                                        
        ARCHIVE_EXTRACTOR="SevenZipNativeBindings"  # use lib7-Zip-JBinding.so  
        MEDIA_PARSER="libmediainfo"                 # use libmediainfo          
else                                                                            
        # armv7l or aarch64                                                     
        ARCHIVE_EXTRACTOR="ApacheVFS"               # use Apache Commons VFS2   
        MEDIA_PARSER="ffprobe"                      # use ffprobe               
fi 
Is there a huge difference between ffprobe and libmediainfo for determining media characteristics? Main reason for asking is that the x86_64 architecture is reported as amd64 on FreeBSD, which causes this if - else branch to take the else branch on FreeBSD systems unless I'm mistaken. With the downloaded JNA library libmediainfo seems usable on my machine, so I just wanted to check if I should prefer that and edit the launch script accordingly.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'll add improved support for FreeBSD to the backlog. As a quick fix, I've update the install script to create symlinks for amd64 -> x86_64:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... ler/tar.sh

These warnings are normal if you run the incremental update script for the first time.

gpgv is only required for the incremental update script. On Linux, it's part of GnuPG 1 and 2 but might be different on FreeBSD. Google says it's part of GnuPG 1 only on FreeBSD.

The lower set of options is more compatible because it avoids native libraries. It should work exactly the same though. It'll require ffprobe though.

EDIT:

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.
Pinqvin

Post by Pinqvin »

I can't access the system for a week or so, but I'll report back with the sysinfo results once I can
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

Just purchased my licence. What's the next stage for a headless Linux server :-) ?