AMC: How to force anime-mode?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
nls

AMC: How to force anime-mode?

Post by nls »

I tried to use filebot/amc with a part of my anime collection and it seems that forcing media category using eg. "--def ut_label=anime" sometimes fails because the db selection algorithm in the groovy code has a certain priority order that prefers the first regex match pertaining to a media type. Eg. it finds a file name that matches a TV regex, it determines the file is TV and ignores the command line tag, whatever it was. I think the correct way to handle it would be the type passed on command line taking absolute priority.

- - - - -
On another note - I know it's not exactly related to my post above but is it possible to force a lookup in anidb with an anime ID there? If not, would you be willing to implement it or accepting pull requests? I have a lot of up to date metadata in log files queried using file hashes, including the aid and using that I could force exact matches. I'd imagine something like --q "aid=xxx" for an easy implementation. It would be nice if it was able to use the episode data too, but IIRC for that TheTVDB is being used even in case of anime, is that correct?
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC usage comments/bugs

Post by rednoah »

This approach has pros and cons. If your files are named with SxE numbers, and you force AniDB, then it most likely won't work anyway, which is why SxE patterns take priority over --def ut_label hints.

If you want to convert SxE style to Absolute style numbers, then the amc script is an ill-suited choice, and other approaches will be alot more reliable:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769

--q can be used with numeric IDs. If you use AniDB, you may have to 0-pad the argument value to 5 digits though to make sure the argument is interpreted as ID and not query string:

Code: Select all

filebot -list --db AniDB --q 00001
:idea: If you use --db AniDB then only AniDB is used. The series name / episode number / episode title will all be based on AniDB data.

:idea: If you use the amc script, then options such as --db or --q have no effect.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nls

Re: AMC: How to force anime-mode?

Post by nls »

1. I have only a few anime that uses this (SxE) naming standard, and since anime doesn't generally have a naming standard, I wanted to force it. I don't mix non-anime with anime, I even scan anime movies in a different step in a different root. I don't care much about absolute numbering, because of the lack of standards. It's all over the place with many season 2 series titled differently etc. So in short I think it still would be useful to be able to force AniDB (or a specific type for that matter).

2. Thanks for the hint about the ID. I'll try that. So in essence filebot uses the UDP API with a filebot-spcific AniDB login? Since episode/file level data is only available through that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you just force it, then you'll just force getting bad matches. You can only really correctly deal with those kinda files by using a number options to force query / order / etc depending on the situation. It's just talk-talk as there's to many variables and things that can go right or wrong depending on the specific use case. We'll need a few specific example file paths, to form the basis of discussion and prototyping solutions.

Nope. FileBot only uses the HTTP API. The series name / episode number / episode title / etc is all basic information covered by the HTTP API. No need for login or any other user-specific / file-specific information.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nls

Post by nls »

1. No, the point is I want to get all metadata from AniDB in this case. I'll gather a few examples later that I encountered.

2. Yeah, it seems you're right, though the specs specifically say that the anime request "Allows retrieval of non-file or episode related information for a specific anime by AID (AniDB anime id)." - yet in the xml return example episode metadata is returned.