[Request] Load window size

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
SteW

[Request] Load window size

Post by SteW »

Whenever I load files into FileBot, I always have to resize the Load window (make it bigger).
Is there any way the default size could be bigger (3 or 4 times as big as it is now), or have FileBot remember the size you set the window to?

Thanks,
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Request] Load window size

Post by rednoah »

Can you share a screenshot that illustrates the issue?

Why not just use drag and drop instead?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
SteW

Post by SteW »

It's not a big deal, but the load box opens in the middle of the screen, and only shows five lines. It'd be nice if it was bigger, or would remember the size it was last set to?

Drag and drop would be a workaround I suppose, yeah.

SteW

Post by SteW »

I'm still on 4.7.9, windows 7, btw.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure why it's using the Nimbus Look-and-Feel. The Windows 7 / 10 version should be using the Windows Look-and-Feel and use a completely different File Chooser implementation.

Possibly, this is a non-issue or at least less of an issue if you use the latest FileBot 4.8.2 Windows MSI package:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/
MrEthernet

Post by MrEthernet »

SteW wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 15:29 Whenever I load files into FileBot, I always have to resize the Load window (make it bigger).
Is there any way the default size could be bigger (3 or 4 times as big as it is now), or have FileBot remember the size you set the window to?
+1

Throwing my hat into the ring!

It would be nice if FileBot could revert to its previous window size every time a new FileBot window was opened. i.e. behaving the same way in this regard as most software on Windows seems to (e.g. Paint, Chrome, Firefox, Windows Explorer, even the Windows calculator app etc.)

I keep FileBot full screened and use all three methods to import files:

[*] drag and drop (either by dragging to the FileBot taskbar button and then up into the main FileBot window, or Alt-Tabbing FileBot into view, while dragging my selected media)
[*] using the "Load" button
[*] using the right-click context menu item for "Send to FIleBot"

Whichever of those three methods I use to load items into my Original Files pane, my preference is always to keep FileBot maximized, as I can use it more effectively if I make use of all of my screen real estate.

Being able to restore its last size would save an extra mouse click (to maximize it) each time I opened a new FileBot window. :)

I like maximized windows because they reduce (or eliminate) the need for horizontal scrolling when reviewing longer file paths and names.

For example...

Default window size:

Maximized:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r7568 will now try to restore the window state on restart. However, FileBot will continue to not remember last window position/size if the window was maximized at the time, because we do that for a reason, though that reason has long been forgotten.

Additionally, regarding the OP which is distinct from the most recent post, newer versions of FileBot can be configured to use the native Windows file dialogs, which may provide a better experience:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.UserFiles.fileChooser=JavaFX
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

MrEthernet wrote: 16 May 2020, 13:49 Being able to restore its last size would save an extra mouse click (to maximize it) each time I opened a new FileBot window. :)
Does the latest beta work better for you now?
viewtopic.php?t=1609