Email notification links

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

Email notification links

Post by part timer »

I download a lot of content without always knowing what it is ahead of time. Then I get the email report and wonder sometimes what it is.

What I would like is links at the bottom of the email around where it says generated by filebot to help me with that.

If it's a movie then the imdb link, the imdb mobile link (same, but instead of www. it's m.), tmdb link
If it's a tv show, the tvdb link, imdb link and the mobile imdb link.

For me most of these email notifications are in my phone so I could then instantly see what I just got.

Easy for you to do, but not me. I tried and can get part of it but I can't get the syntax or escaping part right.

Thanks so much, I really would like this.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Email notification links

Post by rednoah »

Escaping? You mean you want to build the link into the filename? I don't think that'll work. :D

The script itself doesn't really know the metadata, only the input/output filenames. So I can't easily create a link with imdb id because I don't know the imdb id at this point.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I think you misunderstand. If you reread my post I'm wanting links at the bottom of the email I get after every rename so that I can double check it renamed properly but also click that link and be brought straight to the imdb webpage for that video. That way I see the poster right away and probably know what it is. If I still don't recognize it, I can read that webpage and find out what show it is.

The reason I mentioned escaping is because it was easy to hardcode in a basic imdb link at the bottom of the email notifications. The part I had problems with, was when I tried adding the variable to put the imdbid in there so the link would go to the show that was just matched it broke my script. (btw imdb is the only link I really care about, but thought the others might be helpful to other people and probably not that much more difficulty)

I simply went to the bottom of the utorrent post process script I was using and above this line:

Code: Select all

hr(); small("// Generated by ${net.sourceforge.filebot.Settings.applicationIdentifier} on ${new Date().dateString} at ${new Date().timeString}")
I added my own without variables to test, which was:

hr(); small("//     http://m.imdb.com/title/tt")
bingo!! it puts it at the end of the email just like I wanted.
Step 2, make it update that link to the one i want. So I changed it to this:

hr(); small("//     http://m.imdb.com/title/tt${imdbid.pad(7)}")
fail. I thought it would work. It looked simple enough. I'm missing something.

I also think this would be easy enough for you to add and I think many other people would appreciate having this. I guess I don't REALLY need the mobile version there, it could be www. because my phone would just make me go to the mobile site anyways, but I just think it's not that big a deal to put both.

Please help, scripting is definitely not my thing.

Thanks so much
Last edited by part timer on 06 Apr 2013, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I got you. As I said it's just code changes in the amc script where the email is created.

And at that point where is the imdb id? In the filename? Maybe, depends on the format. In the xattr? Maybe, depends on the filesystem capabilities. In the movie.nfo file? Probably, if it exists, depends on your settings. And what movie.nfo anyway, amc could be processing thousands of movies at a time.

I only do features that make sense and work for everybody. This feature makes sense, but implementing it in a way so it works for everybody is hard.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I updated my last post a bit to make it more clear. The www imdb link rather than the mobile imdb link and all the other tvdb and tmdb would really be the only required since imdb does both movies and tv shows. I thought it would be simply

hr(); small("// http://m.imdb.com/title/tt${imdbid.pad(7)}")

but it doesn't work. No easy way to throw that in there?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see you're using the variable imdbid, where does it come from? :P

Suffice to say you're thinking of it the wrong way. A Groovy script is not a Groovy format expression. The syntax is the same, but you can't randomly copy and paste as the context is completely different.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Yeah I know I have no idea with this stuff.
Since it's still in the same script I just hoped it would still "remember" the value. What about, include imdbid at the start of the mail section or something.

I don't know. Was hoping it was simple, since I would love to have this on each email. So much quicker to double check things.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Ok, so how about this.
During the email section it uses the renamelog from and to.
One option could be to use the from and search again to find out the imdb link, but even better, if possible would be to add the imdb url of the matched show to the renamelog each time and then it would be there in some history but could also be called easily to be added into the email table.

Also, if it's in the log, I think that might solve the problem of processing a bunch of files at the same time, they could be kept separate just like the rest of the renamelog info.

Makes sense in my head, but maybe not out loud.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Too much work maybe? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would see the benefits here.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, makes sense. But not worth spending my time on though. How many people use FileBot, use the CLI, use the AMC script, with email notifications? It's you and five others. :D (the other 5 not even being as nice as you contributing in the forums) ;)

Besides, you usually get Name/Year in the original path the Name/Year in the new path. You can check that in a second and leave it if it matches.
part timer

Post by part timer »

That's exactly what I do. Take a quick look through my emails and match the name and year like you say. The problem comes when things get downloaded automatically and I don't recognize the name. I work too much to have time to watch trailers so fairly often they match but I still don't know what it is and I have to search it on imdb, I just wish I could skip that step and click a link that's just sitting there waiting for me, automatically generated.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Ah! :D I thought this is about keeping the library clean and making sure everything got matched correctly. You're basically just trying to figure out what to watch next! :D
part timer

Post by part timer »

Would be handy though.