Rename Bug on Windows Version.....

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
hogfan

Rename Bug on Windows Version.....

Post by hogfan »

Whenever I rename files with the Windows version of Filebot on my Windows 7 machine, it names the files properly but renames them without the file extension. I have to manually go back through each one and add the file extension. This does not happen on the Mac OSX version.

-hogfan
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename Bug on Windows Version.....

Post by rednoah »

Did you switch rename mode to "Override Extension"?

If on the left-hand side the filenames are displayed with extension, e.g. moviename.avi, it means it's in override extension mode. If it's just the name, e.g. moviename, and then an orange label with the extension, it means it's in "Preserve Extension" mode.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
hogfan

Post by hogfan »

That seems to be it, however, I never changed that option, and have never had Filebot installed on this machine before. I changed the renaming pattern for the files after installing the app, but that's it. Very weird indeed. I right-clicked on the rename button and chose preserve so I think I should be good now. Thanks for the tip. Is there an instance where one would want to overwrite the file extension? Thanks.

-hogfan
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's wierd, it's definitely on "Preserve Extension" by default. If you're just renaming movie/tvshows probably doesn't make much sense. But I sometimes use it when mass-renaming random other types of files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.