7z-JBinding error. How to debug?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
roguetoad

7z-JBinding error. How to debug?

Post by roguetoad »

Hello,

Awesome tool. I only have 1 unresolved problem in that I can't access archives. I installed from the .deb package, but when I run
filebot -script fn:sysinfo
I get:

FileBot 3.6 (r1600)
JNA Native: 3.5.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61
7-Zip-JBinding: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipNativeInitializationException: Failed to load 7z-JBinding: Error initializing 7-Zip-JBinding: No message
Extended Attributes: DISABLED
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_21
64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Linux (amd64)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

When I load a directory containing a multipart rar archive into the Analyze drop area, I get this:

May 16, 2013 7:55:06 AM net.sourceforge.filebot.ui.analyze.ExtractTool createModelInBackground
WARNING: Failed to load 7z-JBinding: Error initializing 7-Zip-JBinding: No message
net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipNativeInitializationException: Failed to load 7z-JBinding: Error initializing 7-Zip-JBinding: No message
at net.sourceforge.filebot.archive.SevenZipLoader.requireNativeLibraries(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.archive.SevenZipLoader.open(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.archive.Archive.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.ui.analyze.ExtractTool.createModelInBackground(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.ui.analyze.ExtractTool.createModelInBackground(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.ui.analyze.Tool$UpdateModelTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:296)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:335)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZipNativeInitializationException: Error initializing 7-Zip-JBinding: No message
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeInitialization(SevenZip.java:558)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.initLoadedLibraries(SevenZip.java:531)
... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeInitSevenZipLibrary()Ljava/lang/String;
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeInitSevenZipLibrary(Native Method)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.access$000(SevenZip.java:124)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip$1.run(SevenZip.java:542)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip$1.run(SevenZip.java:539)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeInitialization(SevenZip.java:539)
... 14 more

The /usr/share/filebot directory has a libZ-Zip-JBinding.so, but the SevenZipJBind website claims it needs to have sevenzipjbind.rar and sevenzipjbind-Linux-amd64.jar (in my case since I am running 64bit) somewhere in the classpath.

I tried poking those into the /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/ext directory which is on my distro's (Ubuntu) classpath, but it didn't change anything and I still get the error.

Anything I can do to debug this further?
Thanks in advance for any insight/help on this.
rednoah
The Source

Re: 7z-JBinding error. How to debug?

Post by rednoah »

It says Error initializing 7-Zip-JBinding: No message so it's finding the native library and it's loading it. But when calling native code it errors out.

You could try checking with 7-Zip-JBinding project.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
guimello

Re: 7z-JBinding error. How to debug?

Post by guimello »

Sorry to leech of this, but I am getting the same error message. Has a solution been found for this?

Thanks.