Cleaner change request

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

Cleaner change request

Post by part timer »

As always, thank you for the program. I love it and use it daily still.

I use the amc online script with the cleaner option. I check my emails after to confirm each name change was correct and when I get home I go to the history to undo the very few that get misnamed. After a while though you can get a buildup of empty folders in the finished library, because I took away the video file that was labeled with the wrong series name. Now that series folder is still there sometimes with artwork. I've gone through and run the cleaner script on it's own on my finished library to clean these out. I was upset to see though that it went through and deleted pretty much all artwork because of my folder structure. I have series then season then each episode in a folder. All my series and season artwork and nfo's were deleted because there was no video file there. I would really like the script changed so that if folder contains video OR a sub folder contains a video then ignore..

I also modified my cleaner script so that if the folder is named extrathumbs then ignore otherwise they would all be deleted from my movie library as well.

Thank you for reading. I would do it if I knew how. Guess I'll try to google it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Cleaner change request

Post by rednoah »

Made the changes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I've been able to run this on my finished tv folder and remove empty folders even when they contain artwork and leave the artwork in the folders that have videos in sub folders, so thank you, I love it. It helps me clean the clutter after I have to reverse bad renaming.

Love it!

But...
It still doesn't work for my movies, so I still use an old custom script for that. The problem is I download extra fanart into a subfolder called extrathumbs and that's all that's in there is fanart. The cleaner thinks it's clutter and clears it out. I think it could be helpful to others as well if you could add a line so it knows any folder called extrathumbs is not a clutter folder.

Thanks so much
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Done. Only committed the changes with r1706 for now.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.