Rename BOTH Movie file AND it's folder name

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
JazJon

Rename BOTH Movie file AND it's folder name

Post by JazJon »

Hello, I don't see this as an option poking around so I thought I'd bring it up as a feature request.

FileBot renames movies perfect, but the folder remains un-changed with the same wonky name we don't want.

For example.

I have a folder named: movie.tile.rip.dudeyeah.mkv.720.2013
inside this folder I have a file named: movie.tile.rip.dudeyeah.mkv.720.2013.mp4

I can drag and drop the folder movie.tile.rip.dudeyeah.mkv.720.2013 into filebot and it will rename the file inside the folder to: Movie (2013).mkv

This is great, but I have to manually rename the folder then still.

Can you look at a way to rename both the folder and the file name at the same time?
*maybe a special button, or check box?

FileBot rocks for TV Series, my collection has never been so organized! (yes I donated what I could) ;)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename BOTH Movie file AND it's folder name

Post by rednoah »

FAQ ;)

It's simple. Just define your path scheme in the the format editor and things will get moved into that path. You might have remaining empty folders, that you can ignore, or use the cleaner script to get rid of.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JazJon

Post by JazJon »

hmmm, I got this far without reading the manual as usual. When I right click the "match" button, I select "edit format"
I then click the Switch to Movie format button. I don't see anything that has to do with a path scheme.

When I drag and drop a folder into filebot, it only works with the files inside the folder, and not the folder itself.

Let me keep looking, it's not obvious to me yet.

EDIT: just read your FAQ

"Q: How can I rename folders? It's only letting me rename files when I drop folders!
A: When you drop a folder into the "Original Files" area it will add all the files within that folder. Just add folders via Link-Drop (Ctrl+Shift+Drop) if you want to move/copy folders as a single unit. Here's a video demo for that. Special cases like DVD/BluRay/etc folders as well as XBMC movie folders with movie.nfo will automatically be handled correctly."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbHPC0o4Uqo

I'll give it a shot!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The "Folder-mode" is for when you wanna treat folders as if they were files, thus renaming folders. But you don't want that. You want to move files into a new structure.

OK, so let's take the first sample from here:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

e.g.

Code: Select all

V:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
This is the format you're gonna use. Just copy and paste it. As you can see it describes the whole path and files will be moved into a structure exactly like described.

e.g.

Code: Select all

V:/TV Shows/Firefly/Season 01/Firefly - S01E01 - Serenity
It's all in the format. Modify it to your needs.

EDIT: This is for tv shows. Works the same for movies. You just write the whole structure exactly as you want. The "root" will be something you write in directly, other parts like movie name/year will be {} variables.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JazJon

Post by JazJon »

Excellent thanks works great, here's my setting I use for Movies.

P:\ServerFolders\Videos\Movies\{n} ({y})\{n} ({y})