Movie naming became impossible over months...

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
LysanderM
Donor

Movie naming became impossible over months...

Post by LysanderM »

Hi there,

I've been using FileBot since 2015 summer. It was cool and effortless at those times on my Synology DS115J NAS (CPU 800mhz + RAM 256MB).

At first, in 5 minutes, renaming was completing for 8GB average movie. I could even rename all movies within one FileBot renaming script call.
After Java 8 update, movie renaming became hard to process. Average 8GB movie renaming took 30minutes last year. I've auto-splitted the movies by folder, just before the processing start. And I've even seperated the each FileBot renaming scripts call, to ease the load on worker process.

With the beginning of this year, it was just became impossible. Even after 18 hours, it's still waiting the process to be completed for a 4GB movie... And I have to kill that process everytime.

I've even set a limit for Java for 128MB usage.

The TVDB renaming for smaller files works fine and takes 5-10 minutes for each file.

I have no idea what causes the process to fail o wait that long. It might be Java, or anything else, maybe other tools needed for scrap. The regular TheMovieDB API call via curl takes a few seconds to respond.
  • Is there any way to make it faster within lower memory consumption?
  • Or maybe is there a direct call for search?
  • Any method exist, which cleanese the file name and generate a search query?
Any help would be appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie naming became impossible over months...

Post by rednoah »

No idea. But FileBot constantly running out of memory, and trying to free memory, and try to continue, might seriously slow things down. However, working memory is completely unrelated to file size, so if it works for small files, but not big files, then it's probably not a memory issue, but something else.

What exactly are you doing?

Are you using the amc script?

What command are you running?

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

This script is for non-recursive (all flat directories)

Code: Select all

find "$moviesDownloadFolder" -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d -exec $filebotApp -script fn:renall "{}" -non-strict --db TheMovieDB --conflict override --format "$moviesStringOnly2" --log-file "$logFile" \; # "-non-strict " is removed due to high level RAM consumption.
  • $filebotApp => Link issue. I think, this one was fixed, but as you may know, "Do not touch it, if it works." :)
  • $moviesStringOnly2 => $moviesFolder/{n.space('.')}.({y})/{n.space('.')}.({y}){s3d}
That's it. The one below also stucks -which is exactly the same with the first one- even if there is only one movie and subtitle.

$filebotApp -script fn:renall "$moviesDownloadFolder" -non-strict --db TheMovieDB --conflict override --format "$moviesStringOnly2" --log-file "$logFile" 
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

I've never used AMC, just because lack of complete cover-ups for subtitle download. It moves the media to the destination folder, even if the subtitle was not found.

I was needed a solution, which moves the files to another destination, for late processing, like everyday moving to folder for subtitle search for missing subtitles (Movies_MissingSubtitles folder), or after 30 days move it to be manually search by client (Movies_NeverFoundSubtitles) etc.

In order to find the media which of their subtitles was not found, I use the string from your output:

"No matching subtitles found: "
I hope this won't change anytime. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks like a simple filebot -rename -r call will do just the same, and not require loading up the entire Groovy runtime. The renall script is more of an example, and doesn't really do anything. I wouldn't use it. Horrible startup time compared to filebot -rename -r and doesn't really add anything.

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

I'll be trying -rename as you've suggested.

I've just updated filebot from 4.8.2 > 4.8.5 today, and having a licence issue for my actual user right now.
This output was not generated from my actual user. It's the root user from SSH.

FileBot 4.8.5 (r5960)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 17.12
Apache Commons VFS: [zip, rar]
FFprobe: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/volume1/@appstore/MediaServer/bin/ffprobe": error=2, No such file or directory
Chromaprint: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "fpcalc": error=2, No such file or directory
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-11-29 (r539)
Groovy: 2.5.4
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_91
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 92 MB Max Memory / 13 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux NAStation 3.2.40 #23824 Fri Sep 7 12:48:01 CST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armada370_ds115j
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root
Package: SPK
License: FileBot License P4062300 (Valid-Until: 2019-07-16)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

92 MB Max Memory is not ideal:

* What does free say? How much physical memory does your device have?
* Have you tried doing export JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx200m before calling filebot to give FileBot a higher memory limit so we can try if that makes things run smoothly?

You're using an oddly outdated Java runtime. How did you install Java? Did you use the Java 8 Installer from the FileBot Synology repository? Try uninstalling and reinstalling to make sure you're using the latest and greatest JRE.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

Free output:

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:         247868      102656        8344        2768      136868       80588
Swap:       2097148      287880     1809268
I'll try to update Java version as you suggested..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, you definitely have 256 MB of RAM, so you can easily give FileBot at least twice as much as you currently do, which should resolve any memory limit problems you might have.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

Ok, after I've set JAVA_OPTS limit to 256M, the message is changed.

All is completed in 10minutes, which is great.

I think, the new problem is occured, because ofJAVA version.

Locking /volume1/public/scripts/FileBot/log/dummy.log
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].mkv]
Fetch failed: Try again in 5 seconds (2 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Fetch failed: Try again in 10 seconds (1 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Fetch failed: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=nazi+overlord+2018+cmrg+ethd&language=en-US&api_key=1bb965af6888496c30d52a27e831f9c9
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfNoneMatch$13(CachedResource.java:247)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$withPermit$16(CachedResource.java:276)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$null$0(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:133)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
	at net.filebot.web.TMDbClient.request(TMDbClient.java:364)
	at net.filebot.web.TMDbClient.searchMovie(TMDbClient.java:93)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TMDbClientWithLocalSearch.access$001(WebServices.java:132)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TMDbClientWithLocalSearch.lambda$searchMovie$5(WebServices.java:172)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
	... 13 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Dec 03 14:00:00 EET 2018
	... 14 more

SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Auto-detect movie from context: [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].mkv]
Fetch failed: Try again in 5 seconds (2 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Fetch failed: Try again in 10 seconds (1 more) => javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Fetch failed: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?query=nazi+overlord+2018+cmrg+ethd&language=en-US&api_key=1bb965af6888496c30d52a27e831f9c9
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfNoneMatch$13(CachedResource.java:247)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$withPermit$16(CachedResource.java:276)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$null$0(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
	at net.filebot.web.TMDbClient.request(TMDbClient.java:364)
	at net.filebot.web.TMDbClient.searchMovie(TMDbClient.java:93)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TMDbClientWithLocalSearch.access$001(WebServices.java:132)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TMDbClientWithLocalSearch.lambda$searchMovie$5(WebServices.java:172)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
	... 13 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Dec 03 14:00:00 EET 2018
	... 14 more

SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Mon Dec 3 17:12:48 +03 2018: dummy.sh:notify | Rename Files & Folders for 'dummy' finished on directory '/volume1/video/movies_download'.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, completely unrelated problem caused by TheMovieDB site currently using an outdated SSL certificate:

... 14 more
	... 14 more
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9545

:idea: Just give them a few hours to install a new SSL certificate, and then it'll magically work again.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

rednoah wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 13:14 1.
92 MB Max Memory is not ideal:

* What does free say? How much physical memory does your device have?
* Have you tried doing export JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx200m before calling filebot to give FileBot a higher memory limit so we can try if that makes things run smoothly?

You're using an oddly outdated Java runtime. How did you install Java? Did you use the Java 8 Installer from the FileBot Synology repository? Try uninstalling and reinstalling to make sure you're using the latest and greatest JRE.
The Java version I was using seems your package.

I'm trying Java 8 now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're using a 2-3 year old release. Looks like Synology auto-update isn't working properly. Try uninstalling and reinstalling to make sure you're using the latest and greatest JRE.

This is how it should look like:
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

Oh, I've installed this one...

This one is wrong, am I right?

Because sysinfo results looks bad..

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.5 (r5960)
JNA Native: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
MediaInfo: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Platform
FFprobe: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/volume1/@appstore/MediaServer/bin/ffprobe": error=2, No such file or directory
Chromaprint: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "fpcalc": error=2, No such file or directory
Extended Attributes: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Platform
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_161
Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Platform
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Platform
        at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:140)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:64)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:149)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:36)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:127)

Failure (°_°)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would be wrong indeed. Please choose the one that looks like my screenshot:

After installing that, you should have the latest version:

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_191"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

I'll install the recommended version of Java in your last post.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This might be an unrelated issue with the latest build though:

JNA Native: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
MediaInfo: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Platform
:idea: I'll investigate. It's odd though. Like some files are missing.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

I think, the relation between Java-MediaInfo-FileBot was somehow cut with the latest Java version I've installed before.

The uninstallation was just completed, due to low end CPU. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea. Works for me though:

FileBot 4.8.5 (r5960)
MediaInfo: 0.7.73
FFprobe: 2.7.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_191
CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 121 MB Max Memory / 15 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux diskstation 3.2.40 #23824 Fri Sep 7 12:48:01 CST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armada370_213j
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin
License: UNREGISTERED
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
:idea: FFprobe will work if you install the MediaServer app. MediaInfo and Chromaprint will work if you install the other optional dependencies from SynoCommunity:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1802
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

After the JRE installation of your suggestion, results are:

FileBot 4.8.5 (r5960)
MediaInfo: 17.12
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_191
CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 247 MB Max Memory / 10 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux NAStation 3.2.40 #23824 Fri Sep 7 12:48:01 CST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_armada370_ds115j
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM
License: FileBot License P4062300 (Valid-Until: 2019-07-16)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Responses are coming faster than before.

I've initiated a rename script for one media and I'm still waiting for it to be completed.

The results so far:

Dec 04, 2018 5:26:09 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/data_0.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/data_0.index
Dec 04, 2018 5:32:38 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1.index
Dec 04, 2018 5:32:41 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1_etag_1.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1_etag_1.index
Broken index detections are from my previous calls, which I was forced to kill the process with SIGKILL.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

It took 40 minutes from start. At least it completes the process now, which is a success.

Thank you for your efforts.

Dec 04, 2018 5:26:09 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/data_0.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/data_0.index
Dec 04, 2018 5:32:38 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1.index
Dec 04, 2018 5:32:41 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1_etag_1.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/LysanderM/cache/0/themoviedb_en-us_1_etag_1.index
[TEST] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].mkv] to [/volume1/video/movies/Nazi.Overlord.(2018)/Nazi.Overlord.(2018).mkv]
[TEST] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].tur.srt] to [/volume1/video/movies/Nazi.Overlord.(2018)/Nazi.Overlord.(2018).srt]
Processed 2 files
[TEST] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].mkv] to [/volume1/video/movies/Nazi.Overlord.(2018)/Nazi.Overlord.(2018).mkv]
[TEST] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD]/Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].tur.srt] to [/volume1/video/movies/Nazi.Overlord.(2018)/Nazi.Overlord.(2018).srt]
Processed 2 files
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I get:

time filebot -rename 'Nazi.Overlord.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-CMRG[EtHD].mkv' -non-strict --action test --log info --db TheMovieDB

real	1m46.951s
user	1m38.780s
sys	0m1.100s
1m38s isn't exactly stellar but not completely unexpected for my DS213J. 40m is definitely crazy and I have no idea what might slowing things to a halt there.
LysanderM
Donor

Post by LysanderM »

Tue Dec 4 19:05:22 +03 2018: movies.sh | Rename Files & Folders for 'movies' started on directory '/volume1/video/movies_download'.
Auto-detect movie from context: [/volume1/video/movies_download/12.Strong.(2018)/12.Strong.(2018).mkv]
[MOVE] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/12.Strong.(2018)/12.Strong.(2018).mkv] to [/volume1/video/movies/12.Strong.(2018)/12.Strong.(2018).mkv]
[MOVE] from [/volume1/video/movies_download/12.Strong.(2018)/12.Strong.(2018).srt] to [/volume1/video/movies/12.Strong.(2018)/12.Strong.(2018).srt]
Processed 2 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Tue Dec 4 19:10:23 +03 2018: movies.sh:notify | Rename Files & Folders for 'movies' finished on directory '/volume1/video/movies_download'.
I've tried once more, and the whole renaming process took five minutes only. Although the naming was easy to fetch, this timing is beyond my expectation.
About my previous slower test, I think correcting indexes take some time too.