[Mounty for NTFS] Folder of movies has disappeared after rename

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Aeonofgods

[Mounty for NTFS] Folder of movies has disappeared after rename

Post by Aeonofgods »

MacOS Safari Mojave
FileBot downloaded from macOS App Store (version 4.8.3)

I went to rename a few movies/folders and the entire folder holding all my moves has disappeared. This happened once before and reverting all of the changes worked to bring everything back, however this time it did not work unfortunately.

Pastebin of history from this rename- https://pastebin.com/t43Xc0xV

Pastebin of previous time it happened- https://pastebin.com/devmA5Ca

I tried to look through console logs but nothing of use was coming up when I searched "Filebot".
rednoah
The Source

Re: Folder of movies has disappeared after rename

Post by rednoah »

Looks like all the files were just renamed in place, not even moved. If FileBot reports back successfully when renaming files, then it means the operating system successfully performed the operation.

There could be all kinds of issues. Most likely an issue with your remote share, or caching either on your client or on the remote share, simply not seeing the changes.

If your "Omar's WD" is a drive with a non-native filesystem, e.g. if you're using 3rd party filesystem drives to read-write NTFS, then bugs in the low-level filesystem driver may cause strange kinda issues.

Relaunching Finder might do the trick. Restarting the computer. Reattaching the drive. Trying the drive with a different computer. These kinda action might help us narrow down what's going on.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Aeonofgods

Post by Aeonofgods »

I do have to use a third party program to read/write to it. I'll try it on my windows pc and report back if that solves the problem. Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What software are you using?

Please contact the software vendor and report the bug. Files disappearing is like a very critical issue that they'll want to investigate and fix rather sooner than later. Presumably, their xattr implementation (i.e. rarely used filesystem feature) is faulty.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Aeonofgods

Post by Aeonofgods »

It's a program called Mounty and after doing some digging they have little blurb on their website that mentions this exact thing happening and to use a disk checking utility to fix it. I did that and it worked, needless to say I have uninstalled Mounty. I appreciate the help, thank you!