[FAQ] Why did I not receive my license email?

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

[FAQ] Why did I not receive my license email?

Post by rednoah »

If you have purchased FileBot, but didn't get any email, it's probably because...

• You have mistyped your email address (i.e. your email was sent nowhere, or elsewhere)
  • Your email was received but misclassified as spam (i.e. your email landed in your spam / junk mail folder, and not your inbox folder)
  • Your email address can't receive email (i.e. you've exceeded your quota, your spam filter doesn't allow *.psm file attachments, your spam filter requires a human to answer a challenge, your MX domain isn't configured, etc)
  • Your email was sent to the email address that you have entered before checkout, and not your PayPal ID or Apple ID that you may also have entered during the payment process

:!: DO NOT type your email address with your keyboard. Let your browser auto-fill it for you. Carbon-based life forms are prone to error and keyboard malfunction. The auto-fill will correctly type your email address every time.

:!: DO use Gmail. It is imperative that you use Gmail. Have I stressed enough that you really really really should be using Gmail pretty please? Gmail will correctly receive your important email every time (unless you're exceeding your storage quota) and keep it save and searchable so you can't accidentally lose your license key.

:arrow: If you have not received your license, please contact Paddle (our payment processor) so they can look up your order number via your payment details and resend your license to a valid email address.

:!: If you have mistyped your email address during checkout and contact Paddle (our payment processor) without payment details (e.g. name, purchase date, PayPal transaction number, etc) then Paddle customer support staff will use your correct sender email address to find your order, and either not find your order, or find a previous order where you did correctly type your email address.

:!: If you cannot receive email then contacting support via email is going to be futile for obvious reasons. In this case, please use our #license-issues channel on Discord. Additionally, please contact your email service provider to ensure email delivery in the future.

:!: Microsoft email services such as @hotmail.com and @outlook.com and @live.com will erroneously classify some of your emails as junk and automatically delete them after only 10 days. The Windows Mail desktop application hides junk mail by default and so you will never know that you missed something unless you explicitly check outlook.live.com at least once per week.

Button

Memoirs of an Email Server

Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam
5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [*.protection.outlook.com]
Well, your specific problem was a 5.1.2 error. Which means you should: Check the "protonamail.com" part of "…@protonamail.com" for misspellings or missing letters.
Well, your specific problem was a 5.1.2 error. Which means you should: Check the "prontonmail.com" part of "…@prontonmail.com" for misspellings or missing letters.
unable to connect to MX servers: gmaiol.com: connection failed
unable to connect to MX servers: qq.cm: connection failed
unable to connect to MX servers: gogolemail.com: connection failed
No MX for protonmail.me
No MX for yhoo.com
No MX for gmx.neet
No MX for gmail.como
No MX for ooglemail.com
No MX for iclous.com
No MX for hotmai.om
No MX for hotmal.com
No MX for hotmail.cm
No MX for homail.com
No MX for ytahoo.com, domain accepts no mail
MX lookup failed: lookup hotmail.comm
unable to connect to MX servers: - hotail.com: connection failed
unable to connect to MX servers: hotmaill.com
No MX for me.con
No MX for gmali.com
No MX for gmial.com
No MX for gmailc.om
No MX for gmail.comn
No MX for gmail.cpm
Unable to connect to MX server: yaoo.com
No MX for oulook.com
No MX for gmx.der
No MX for live.comm
No MX for gmail.comm
No MX for yahoo.om
No MX for gmail.coom
No MX for gmail.con
No MX for gmal.com
No MX for gmaill.com
No MX for live.con
No MX for gmail.net
No MX for gomail.com
No MX for yshoo.com
No MX for gmail.om
No MX for mgail.com
No MX for gnail.com
No MX for hotmail.cocm
No MX for gmail.xom
No MX for gmail.comq
No MX for hotmail.xom
No MX for outlook.con
No MX for outlok.com
No MX for optonline.ent
5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
5.7.1 Message contains spam or virus or sender is blocked
5.7.1 <…@gail.com>: Recipient address rejected: this address does not exist
5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser
550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied [prod.protection.outlook.com]
550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User does not exist.
Recipient address rejected: No need for spam. Try again later!
Not delivering to previously bounced address
Server response: 550 5.7.1 The user or domain that you are sending to (or from) has a policy that 5.7.1 prohibited the mail that you sent. Please contact your domain 5.7.1 administrator for further details. For more information, please visit 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/a/answer/172179
452 4.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota. Please direct 4.2.2 the recipient to 4.2.2 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=OverQuotaTemp
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.