Folders no longer getting "crawled"

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Folders no longer getting "crawled"

Post by DarfNader »

For the past year Filebot would nicely crawl through all media and supporting info when I dropped a folder in or loaded it. However, having to apply some ownership and permissions fixes my to "unmanaged media" collection (which really shouldn't have changed things much), for some reason - and it may just be a coincidence- when I drop a folder of media (which contain things like episodes and a subfolder of subtitles, the folders are just seen as type "folder" rather than being crawled showing their contents. It's quite odd, I've never seen it before, have no idea why this behavior would suddenly changed, nor am I able to find any relevant posts that might explain this as I couldn't think of specific keywords that brought up relevant topics.

If this sounds familiar I'd be grateful for any guidance. Thanks.
DarfNader

Re: Folders no longer getting "crawled"

Post by DarfNader »

I guess much of what I was hoping for does actually appear in AccousticID so maybe what I am asking for is done. I have come upon case where it doesn't work, presumably because it's an unusual recording. In any case, good on you for thinking ahead... amazing that it does work for many cases. Wish I had seen if I had more success with ohat ther ROIOs.

The concert video thing would still be something, but alas, that's a big more of a "thing" and it would be a lot more sensible if Plex handled concert vids better MKV. But that's not your problem.

Anyway, thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Folders no longer getting "crawled"

Post by rednoah »

If it says Folder on the yellow label, then it means that FileBot will process the folder as a single unit, as if it's a single file.

That might happen for the following reasons:

1. If you Link-Drop folders, then folders will always be added as single items
2. If you Move/Copy-Drop folders (as usual) then FileBot will crawl those folders and add individual files UNLESS it's a disk folder (e.g. folders that contain VIDEO_TS folders, or other markers typical for DVD / BD disk folders).

:?: Please post file paths, ideally tree output for folders that aren't expanded correctly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.