Music: Using sequence number vs. track number in file name

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Music: Using sequence number vs. track number in file name

Post by DarfNader »

If I am using the GUI Rename function, can I get a format variable or functional equivalent for the track numbers as they appear in the order in "Original Files". Normally, one would strip the number from the file name but a lot of live recordings have track numbers that reflect their origin from the multi-set bootleg CDs they were ripped from. If I wanted to break them up by set, or even better, just use the absolute order, I can. For the ripper to preserve the CD track numbers seems... lame. Furthermore, I have seen songs reordered from their original sets on ROIOs simply satisfy that 74 minute limitation and a person might want the tracks to follow as they were actually played. Fixing with a quick drag-and-drop is a lot less ornery than changing the file names before conversion.

I'm guessing this is somehow possible, if not in the manner I suggest. Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Music: Using sequence number vs. track number in file name

Post by rednoah »

If sequence number / track number is somehow available via ID3 tags, then you can access them via MediaInfo:
viewtopic.php?t=4285

If you just need a generic sequence number, then {i} will give you that, where i refers to the current row number in the FileBot GUI.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.