changing the series name of what filebot renames?

Any questions? Need some help?
Spinksy

changing the series name of what filebot renames?

Post by Spinksy »

is it possible to change to a series name for every episode, this may not make much sense so bare with me
i use tv rename to archive and keep track of everything im watching and to tell me when the next ep is out and i use filebot primarily for tv series to recognise titles. i have alot of anime on my HD and tv rename doesn't recognise it the same way as filebot does, for e.g. "Cardcaptors" is recognised by filebot as that, however tv rename's data base's has "Card Captors" and as such doesnt recognise "Cardcaptors" to be the series its searching for on my hard drive, so i have to add a space to it

i would also like to know if this works due to filebot recognising a Japanese title and listing it all correctly but tv rename does not have its Japanese name logged for e.g. "Shingeki no Kyojin" otherwise known as "attack on titan" is there anyway i can get filebot to name it by the English title even though it may not be in the database.
if i could even add a perquisite to the titles would most likely work such as "[Card Captors] Cardcaptors s01e01 (episode name)"

thanx in advance
rednoah
The Source

Re: changing the series name of what filebot renames?

Post by rednoah »

Yes, you can apply arbitrary replacement in your custom format.

Sounds like you mean to convert AniDB naming and numbering to TheTVDB naming and numbering.

There's a dedicated thread for that. Find the link in the FAQ.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Spinksy

Post by Spinksy »

thanx for the speedy reply, i wasn't sure on how to word my question so i couldn't find anything on it, but since your reply i have looked into it and it seems with a little know how you can get it to do pretty much anything, as long as you know how to program it, it's a little to advanced for me right now, i will have to look further into it.
thanx again, now i know what im looking for and that its actually doable, it wont bother me so much.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

We can help you with coding, but for that you need to know exactly what you want first. ;)

Here's a simple replacement example:
viewtopic.php?t=3189#p17696
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Spinksy

Post by Spinksy »

thank you for the reply, i am currently looking into what is needed by trial and error, i have started to dabble with the coding, and solved 1 of my problems i may be ok to figure it out from here, though if i hit a wall i may take you up on that offer, thanx again