Cannot buy license

Any questions? Need some help?
IceQueen

Cannot buy license

Post by IceQueen »

Tried to pay with paypal. Goes into an endless loop "Security challenge".
I don't have a credit card.

Using FireFox 60.7.2 ESR. Won't be upgrading until I've thoroughly tested 68 ESR, which currently breaks several add ons. I do not have Edge or IE. And I wouldn't install Chrome if my life depended on it (sorry for the dramatics - "install chrome" is the typical answer from most people).

One other thing I thought was disappointing was that where is says buy a license it says "Download and evaluate before buying a license". What does filebot do? It renames files. As soon as I tried to rename a single file it said "Buy a license". How on earth do you evaluate a product if you can't use it at all until you buy it?
IceQueen

Re: Cannot buy license

Post by IceQueen »

nvm. After about 20 tries it finally worked.

$74! Expensive software ;)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Cannot buy license

Post by rednoah »

IceQueen wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 03:33 What does filebot do? It renames files. As soon as I tried to rename a single file it said "Buy a license". How on earth do you evaluate a product if you can't use it at all until you buy it?
You can evaluate everything (installation, online databases, auto-detection, custom format, command-line tools, etc) that leads up to hitting the Rename button. At that point, you already know if it works for your particular use case or not, by comparing Original Files and New Names. The Rename step at the very end is indeed simple and can't not work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.