Mode based on directory (+ 2 other dumb questions)

Any questions? Need some help?
alvintc

Mode based on directory (+ 2 other dumb questions)

Post by alvintc »

I'm really sorry but I've searched & searched but although I've seen the capability mentioned I can't find the answers so last resort - apols! (if it bolsters my case... I'm a windows app purchaser since '18!)

My questions should be pretty simple:
  1. How do I set the mode (film/ TV/ anime etc.) based on the directory? (e.g. only movies in movie-transfer, TV in TV-Transfer) - I use deluge so no option to parse in the label...
  2. How do you stop it running on files still being transferred (i.e. if I bring stuff in via FTP, how does FileBot know it's not completed?)
  3. Which is the correct/ preferred method:
  1. FTP from seedbox to local then Filebot or
  2. Filebot on seedbox then FTP to local?
Bonus point - Screenshot 12 on the "getting started guide" appears to be a gui for doing everything I want.. but I have no idea what it is!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Mode based on directory (+ 2 other dumb questions)

Post by rednoah »

Let's assume you're talking about the amc script.

You can use folders such as "Movies" or "TV Shows" to force auto-detection one way or another. See amc script manual for details. If you wan't custom folder names, then you have to use labels. If you can't use labels, then you have to go with folder naming conventions.

It's your call. filebot expects to be called on completed files, and can't check or guess if some other 3rd party process is still somehow sometimes writing to the file. Typically, in automated setups, the 3rd party software will call filebot on newly completed files, and never all filebot on in-progress files. You can also do your own logic, such as excluding and ignoring files that have been modified within the last X minutes.

Your call. Either will work fine. Depending on what you're doing, and how you're doing it, how much control you have over the remote server, etc, one might work better than the other. I'd do things locally. It's easier to reason about. You have a scheduled task once day on your local machine that you control and understand. Task calls rsync to sync files, then calls filebot to organize files. Done. Neatly resolves (2) as well since filebot won't be called until rsync is done.

PS: Meet FileBot Nodeviewtopic.php?t=2663
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
alvintc

Post by alvintc »

If there was an award for fastest dev response, I'd vote your way!

OK, I think I have most bits sorted but I'm still not sure on how to use input directories to force a mode..
For example, I just had some stuff in the folder TV Shows\Only Fools and horses s9 and specials\ get matched as anime and movies... What I'm really looking for is source folder to dictate a matching state (if it starts in TV Shows, it should only ever be a TV show etc.)

For the other questions... I went with WINSCP as it'll download & delete from server (on success) and then call FB. Pretty soon I'll be entirely redundant!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote:You can (and should) force Movie/Series/Anime mode or force ignore files via labels, e.g. label as Movie to force TheMovieDB, Series to force TheTVDB, Anime to force AniDB, or other to ignore all files. Alternatively, folder names such as Movies/TV Shows/Anime may also be used to force a specific mode.
If there's a folder named TV Shows, then that will force TV mode. Paste logs if things don't work as expected.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
alvintc

Post by alvintc »

Ah-ha, it was me... originally I was using "TV Shows 2"

Chalk this one up to user error (idiot) - many thanks!