Collections & Standardising Movies Names

Any questions? Need some help?
alias

Collections & Standardising Movies Names

Post by alias »

Hey

I'm getting to the point where I'm near perfect setup.
I'm just working out some snags.

The first question does including the {collection} help plex with identifying collections or is it cosmetic?

Also what the best approach to go about bring all movie media inline to the same naming convention.
I've tried to run filebot again against my current files however I've run into lots of issues mainly because I did have attar set initially.

I guess is it just a manual process at this point right - or I'm missing or unaware of some features

Thanks
Matthew
rednoah
The Source

Re: Collections & Standardising Movies Names

Post by rednoah »

Since the Naming and organizing your Movie files documentation is very specific about folder structure, and doesn't have anything to say about collection folders, adding collection folders will likely break things.

:arrow: https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming ... dia-files/

If you need help on Best Practices with the Desktop application, then screen recordings or screenshots are absolutely essential, so we can see what you see. ;)

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AbedlaPaille

Post by AbedlaPaille »

rednoah wrote: 07 May 2020, 13:50 1.
Since the Naming and organizing your Movie files documentation is very specific about folder structure, and doesn't have anything to say about collection folders, adding collection folders will likely break things.

:arrow: https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming ... dia-files/

If you need help on Best Practices with the Desktop application, then screen recordings or screenshots are absolutely essential, so we can see what you see. ;)

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
Seems to me Plex is not that strict when it comes to organization. To stay on the safe side of things the plex binding is perfect but Plex has dealt with my custom folders and organization perfectly so far.

Even stuff like [Collections]/Pixar/y+' '+n/ny works.
alias

Post by alias »

(Using the lastest Filebot Docker)

Yeah, I don't fancy the pain of doing this again.
I'll watch the best practices section again to fresh myself

My main goal with this is to stick to the KISS principle, mainly cos when lockdown ends I really need to do other stuff :)

Question 1
I have at least for the moment put the [Collections] binding in the movie name
{Plex} {Tag} Collections other info.mvk
However by doing that will plex benefit from me doing this?

Question 2
With my existing media, if I run filebot again it in order to bring it in line with the same naming standard, - include Collections etc.
(So renaming a previously renamed file)
What's the best way to go about this.
The reason I ask is I've have run --no-xttar switch and the results that come back are stripped from all the media info - just left with the movie title
(I think I added the --no-xttar flag because of issues with having my files through a rclone mount, however, I've found some thread around this and will read up)
In addition to that many files just fail for some reason

Code: Select all

Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed May 06 23:32:41 BST 2020]
Parameter: ut_label = Movie
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: subtitles = eng
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: minLengthMS = 300000
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex.name}/{plex.name} {' (' + fn.matchAll(/extended|uncensored|remastered|unrated|uncut|directors.cut|special.edition|redux/)*.upperInitial()*.lowerTrail().sort().join(', ').replaceAll(/[._]/, " ") + ')'} [{collection}] [{hd}, {hdr}, {ws}] [{source}, { video[0].CodecID =~ /HEVC/ ? 'H.265' : 'H.264'}, {mbps}] [{ac}, {af}] 
Argument[0]: /volume1/cryptt/plex/Movies
Activate License [P9378645] on [Wed May 06 23:32:42 BST 2020]
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2019-03-20 22:58:25 / UTC 2019-03-20T08:22:13Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Ignore hidden: /volume1/cryptt/plex/Movies/Aliens (1986)/Plex Versions/Custom_ Universal TV 41/.inProgress
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-08-19T16:55:50Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2019-02-01 23:54:14 / UTC 2019-01-31T13:25:28Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC ' could not be parsed at index 4
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2017-10-26T02:54:10Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-07-01T06:19:08Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-03-05 14:55:41 / UTC 2016-03-05T00:08:04Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC ' could not be parsed at index 4
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-08-07T22:15:38Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2019-02-27 20:15:07 / UTC 2019-02-27T09:43:35Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-06-20T17:06:58Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2016-04-02T10:03:10Z' could not be parsed at index 14
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2017-08-09 14:10:22 / UTC 2016-12-01T15:41:06Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2018-12-11 02:18:25 / UTC 2018-12-09T10:24:23Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
Failed to read media characteristics: DateTimeParseException: Text 'UTC 2019-04-07 04:25:22 / UTC 2019-04-06T03:01:12Z' could not be parsed, unparsed text found at index 23
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

AbedlaPaille wrote: 07 May 2020, 15:41 Seems to me Plex is not that strict when it comes to organization. To stay on the safe side of things the plex binding is perfect but Plex has dealt with my custom folders and organization perfectly so far.

Even stuff like [Collections]/Pixar/y+' '+n/ny works.
"it sometimes works" is not the same as "it always works". Notably, if you ignore the specification and it doesn't work, then it's your fault and you have only yourself to blame. But if you do follow the specification, and it still doesn't work, then Plex is at fault and to blame. ;)

:arrow: You're welcome to get a second opinion (and possibly kind-hearted verbal abuse) in the Plex Forums:
https://forums.plex.tv/
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

alias wrote: 07 May 2020, 15:53 Question 1
I have at least for the moment put the [Collections] binding in the movie name
{Plex} {Tag} Collections other info.mvk
However by doing that will plex benefit from me doing this?
:arrow: Best asked in the Plex Forums:
https://forums.plex.tv/c/plex-media-ser ... -files/124

alias wrote: 07 May 2020, 15:53 Question 2
With my existing media, if I run filebot again it in order to bring it in line with the same naming standard, - include Collections etc.
(So renaming a previously renamed file)
What's the best way to go about this.
The reason I ask is I've have run --no-xttar switch and the results that come back are stripped from all the media info - just left with the movie title
(I think I added the --no-xttar flag because of issues with having my files through a rclone mount, however, I've found some thread around this and will read up)
In addition to that many files just fail for some reason
If you plan on processing files more than once, then you absolutely want to enable xattr metadata, so you can instantly re-match your files again in the future with Xattr Mode or --db xattr.

:idea: You can configure FileBot to store xattr metadata as plain file structure, typically referred to as using .xattr folders. Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.