Around Filebot

Any questions? Need some help?
AbedlaPaille

Around Filebot

Post by AbedlaPaille »

How do you guys take advantage of your Filebot schemes? Do you only browse your files through Plex/Kodi and your OS file explorer or are there programs between both usages?

As of right now to play around sorting orders on a file explorer i hardlink with different schemes (size, genre, rating, language etc). Are there better ways to deal with varied custom sorts, like adding relevant mediainfo to the sorting columns on a file explorer?

Overall curious about the wizards in here and their setup around filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Around Filebot

Post by rednoah »

I would recommend a master structure, well-named with {plex} and xattr-tagged. Based on this xattr-tagged master structure, you can then instantly generate arbitrary views for the same files / hardlinks, so you can browse files in different ways.

You can do this via F3 in the GUI:
viewtopic.php?t=2072

Or via --db xattr on the command-line:
viewtopic.php?t=4788
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AbedlaPaille

Post by AbedlaPaille »

Thank you, saved me a bit of time and bandwidth. Next step for me seems to be the scary CLI, but it looks really powerful.

If i'm understanding correctly i could in one go make normal renaming happen and hardlink the file some place else ONLY if it matches certain directors, studios etc?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, --db xattr combined with --filter, allows you to select files for processing using according to metadata.

:idea: You can do that in the GUI as well with Presets using the Input Folder / Includes options.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AbedlaPaille

Post by AbedlaPaille »

Amazing, i'll get right on to it.