Retrospectively adding release year to movie filenames

Any questions? Need some help?
hannay11

Retrospectively adding release year to movie filenames

Post by hannay11 »

I have My library of 3,000+ movie files on a (backed-up!) ext. HD hooked up to a Zappiti media player for TV watching.

When I originally started collecting movie files I used just the movie's title to name them.

As I became more familiar with the protocols of movie flienaming for various purposes I began adding the release year also.

I now want to add release years to the filenames of those that do not have them, however there are over a thousand of them and although manually looking up the dates and adding them by hand one at a time would eventually get the job done I would prefer an automated intelligent renamer if there is such a thing.

Not bothered whether it is achieved by scraping a database and replacing with a complete new title/year filename, or just adds the year to an existing filename

Can someone who is expert in FileBot advise if it can be used to do that?

Many thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Retrospectively adding release year to movie filenames

Post by rednoah »

Yes, sounds like a very basic use case. Best to try things for yourself before purchasing a license.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
hannay11

Post by hannay11 »

Thank you rednoah, that is good news indeed! :D

I will certainly see how I get on with a tryout, however is there a user manual/guide that I can access to learn the software's features and how to use it, or perhaps some how-to guides that could help point me in the right direction?

As I have zero experience of using it, any advice/suggestions that would possibly be useful would be most appreciated.

Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You will find GUI usage rather self-explanatory once you start clicking on buttons, but seeing it in action once always helps:
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.