AMC: Help with Deluge post process on Windows

Any questions? Need some help?
AbedlaPaille

AMC: Help with Deluge post process on Windows

Post by AbedlaPaille »

The AMC deluge section is for Mac and Linux viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p3382, can you help me understand how it works on Windows? I'm trying stuff but it's not working yet. Many noob questions.

1. I copy https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... process.sh raw content in notepad++ and save it as .sh yes?

2. CONFIG_OUTPUT="$HOME/Media" : I have different drives for series and movies not a problem? Can i leave it untouched as my paths are specified in absolute with

Code: Select all

--def movieFormat=@D:/MovieFormat.groovy seriesFormat=@D:/SerieFormat.groovy
4. https://i.imgur.com/xwEx2rJ.png is this how you do it? Give path instead of copying what's inside?

5. Can i fake a torrent being completed to test things out?

6. I tried to make it simpler for me by putting path/to/deluge-post-process.cmd in the deluge execute add-on so it's just the command line insturction that i know works but it doesnt seem to register it either.
Last edited by AbedlaPaille on 07 Jun 2020, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC: Help with Deluge post process on Windows

Post by rednoah »

You can't use bash scripts (i.e. *.sh files) on Windows.

You'll have to write your own glue logic script in something that works on Windows, e.g. as CMD script akin to this one:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... rocess.cmd

A valid --output folder is required for a variety of reasons, even if you use absolute custom formats.

Yes, your glue logic script is just another command-line tool. There's nothing special about it. If Deluge can call it, then so can you. If you can't call it, then neither can Deluge.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AbedlaPaille

Post by AbedlaPaille »

1. Ahah ok. So i can't just write the filebot command line as usual, i have to add all this :

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF

:: Input Parameters
set ARG_PATH=%1
set ARG_NAME=%2
set ARG_LABEL=%3

:: Configuration
set CONFIG_OUTPUT=%USERPROFILE%/Media
Just curious why?

2. I'm not sure the default config outputs are valid for me, should i write something like CONFIG_OUTPUT=%F:/% to be sure?

3. I don't think i understood what you wrote. I call my .cmd script with a double click it works, but when i point the path to that same script the deluge execute plugin does nothing when torrent is done. If i add the jdownloader thingy it will help?

Just wanna make sure because i'm on limited bandwidth and i have to download a new episode for each troubleshooting test, it sucks to still see nothing happening.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Because in the early 1980s someone at Microsoft decided to do their own thing, instead of copying Unix like everyone else.

Yes, you will have to modify your script so that your script will call filebot the way you want.

If you double-click a *.cmd file then the default file association open action happens, like with every other file type. In the specific case of *.cmd files, cmd.exe is called, with your *.cmd file as %1 parameter.

Unlike Unix, on Windows script files are not "executable" because Windows does not have the concept of "executable". Instead you will have to instruct Deluge to execute cmd.exe passing along the script to be executed further passing along arguments for the script.

:arrow: You'll want to look into a general purpose "How to use / write CMD scripts on Windows?" kinda tutorial.

:idea: Just use qBT (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p9774) instead of Deluge. We don't have setup instructions for Deluge on Windows because it's inherently complex for the above mentioned reasons.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
AbedlaPaille

Post by AbedlaPaille »

Thanks a lot qBittorent is really good. Can i add extra lines of code to the torrent completed event? qBit doesn't want line breaks. i have a .cmd i run manually for those, maybe i can attach it somehow.