I can't get new data to match in Filebot from TVDB

Any questions? Need some help?
LaserBones

I can't get new data to match in Filebot from TVDB

Post by LaserBones »

I changed the ordering of episodes in a season of a show to be in correct chronological order. I have the windows store version of filebot. I waited 4 days and the changes wouldn't show up correctly. It displays in the old order. I went to another machine (macbook) in my house and the old version showed up. I CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on the macbook and the proper order comes up. I then went back to my desktop and CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE but the old order is still showing up. I then deleted the local cache folders and restarted the app and I'm still getting the old TVDB listings. I also tried a VPN thinking it might be some server side cache.

So to breakdown my problem. Another machine in my house is not having this issue. The machine that has this issue I've tried the following to no avail: Restarting machine, Restarting app, trying through a VPN, CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE, and manually deleting the cache folders. What else should I try?
rednoah
The Source

Re: I can't get new data to match in Filebot from TVDB

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will typically cache episodical information for about 5-6 days. So if you wait for a week, then you'll definitely get the latest data.

If you're in a hurry, run filebot -clear-cache to thoroughly clear all caches for all instances:
viewtopic.php?t=1996

:idea: Make sure to close all instances of FileBot beforehand, as different processes will lock their respective caches while active.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LaserBones

Post by LaserBones »

Thanks so much for the quick response. Just to verify that command won't erase my custom formats correct?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

filebot -clear-cache will only clear the cache. filebot -clear-prefs will clear your preferences, settings, formats, etc so be careful with the latter.

:idea: That being said, if you care about your custom format, then it would be a very good idea to copy & paste it somewhere, e.g. publicly here in the forums so you have a cloud backup. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LaserBones

Post by LaserBones »

Good Idea. Thanks so much!