Filebot Subtitles Timeout

Any questions? Need some help?
mesol

Filebot Subtitles Timeout

Post by mesol »

I have 20k movies that I want to download their subtitles. Subsribed to Opensubtitles VIP as well. But using GUI, if I add more than 50 movies, filebot seems not responding/timeout. How can I increase timeout?

I tried CLI, but maxDays=30 is making it useless. Nothing scrape from this method. My suggestion to increase this limit. It is almost impossible to get subs for newly released movies.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Subtitles Timeout

Post by rednoah »

OpenSubtitles is known to be unreliable at times. It's not that you're exceeding the limit or anything, it's just that the server is either down or overloaded, so nothing works regardless of anything.

Changing the network timeout will not make a difference. Neither will increasing the retry limit, unless you're willing to retry continuously (in exponentially increasing intervals) for a day or two waiting for OpenSubtitles server to start working again.

The default retry limit is 2 and you can configure it to be higher if you want, but note that this will only result in FileBot running and retrying forever, perhaps giving you the results you want on multi-day time scales:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.CachedResource.retryLimit=10
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mesol

Re: Filebot Subtitles Timeout

Post by mesol »

Thanks for the script. Testing out with retryLimit=3. Will report the outcome soon.