How to use --mapper to rename SxE numbered Anime?

Any questions? Need some help?
nuttyuu

How to use --mapper to rename SxE numbered Anime?

Post by nuttyuu »

So recently i decided to reorganize my anime collection for using TheTVDB instead of Anidb, and for the most part everything went well, but I was using the GUI for doing a batch overhaul for all my shows. The issue i've ran in to recently are some anime series which have higher numbers or don't follow seasonal patterns (Some work, some don't) have been having issues. I've looked at quite a few posts throughout the forums and tried those scripts but none seem to work in renaming those pesky shows. But if i use the GUI the shows I have issues with end up correctly being named, so I must be doing something wrong with my script or overlooking something. Below is what i've been using that has worked.

using the script "Shokugeki no Soma S5 - 12 [1080p].mkv" gets named to "Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - 1x12 - The Memory of a Single Dish.mkv"
using the gui "Shokugeki no Soma S5 - 12 [1080p].mk" gets named to "Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - 5x12 - The Perfect Rocks"

Code: Select all

sh filebot.sh -script fn:amc --def ut_label=TV --order airdate --mapper order.absolute.episode --output "/media/" -non-strict --action copy @/media/folders2.txt --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt @/media/name2.txt
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: GUI vs Script naming Issue

Post by rednoah »

Your --mapper forces incorrect results, because your --mapper forces FileBot match Episode 85 which doesn't match your file name:

Map [Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - 5x12 - The Perfect Rocks] to [Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - 85 - The Perfect Rocks]
:idea: File 5x12 doesn't match Episode 85

Since the file is already SxE numbered with 5x12 that will match --order Airdate by default:

filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheTVDB --order Airdate -non-strict --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Shokugeki no Soma S5 - 12 [1080p].mkv] to [Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - 5x12 - The Perfect Rocks.mkv]
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nuttyuu

Re: How to use --mapper to rename SxE numbered Anime?

Post by nuttyuu »

Ah thank you! I knew it was something simple I wasn't quite understanding. Everything seems to be working for the moment