I updated filebot to 4.9.2 and it now creates folders and renames tv episodes weird

Any questions? Need some help?
stangbass08

I updated filebot to 4.9.2 and it now creates folders and renames tv episodes weird

Post by stangbass08 »

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help straighten this out for me. I updated filebot to 4.9.2 and it now renames TV episodes super weird and creates folders with it that doesnt make sense. For example It matched and renamed the following:

It took my original file name of: I Survived - 2x01 and showed me under rename it would rename it to: I Survived - S02E01 - Dan & Danielle James & David Karli

Great! Except it didnt rename the mkv that. Instead it did the following:

Created a Folder titled: I Survived - S02E01 - Dan & Danielle
Inside that folder it made another folder titled: James & David
Open that folder and theres a mkv now just labeled: Karli

IS there a setting or something that got changed when filebot updated that I can adjust back to just naming the file or mkv the name it shows in the rename field instead of what ever craziness it's doing now?
rednoah
The Source

Re: I updated filebot to 4.9.2 and it now creates folders and renames tv episodes weird

Post by rednoah »

What OS are you using? What format are you using? What does the history say?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
stangbass08

Re: I updated filebot to 4.9.2 and it now creates folders and renames tv episodes weird

Post by stangbass08 »

Windows 10, I'm using TVDB, History shows the new name will be the name I listed above: Karli even though the right hand side shows it'd be named: I Survived - S02E01 - Dan & Danielle James & David Karli

I've always had filebot name my files what ever was listed in the new names field on the right hand side
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 03:29 What OS are you using? What format are you using? What does the history say?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
As far as I know, it works for everyone else. It does work for me on Windows 10 and all other platforms. Since I can't reproduce the issue described, I would kindly ask for additional information as requested above. Screenshots in particular are always very much appreciated and help to understand & resolve issues quickly as well as avoiding potential misunderstandings.

:idea: Note that the {plex} format (which is used by most users) will certainly remove any inopportune slashes:

Code: Select all

TV Shows/I Survived/Season 02/I Survived - S02E01 - Dan & Danielle James & David Karli

:!: However, if you were to not use the {plex} format, then your custom format may or may not take care of inopportune slashes, which could be a problem with this particular series:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
stangbass08

Post by stangbass08 »

Thanks for trying to assist. I just tried again today doing nothing differently and it's now working exactly as I'd expect it to work. Not sure what happened but I'm just happy its working again