Failed to identify or process any files

Any questions? Need some help?
werilles

Failed to identify or process any files

Post by werilles »

I bought Filebot 4 days ago and I'm already sorry. It just doesn't work on my debian machine.

I did as directed on the official website. However, files are not renamed

the files are on a partition mounted with rclone

I didn't find the filebot log, so I'm pasting here what the command line says

https://pastebin.com/8Hqk69pM
rednoah
The Source

Re: does not work

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The GUI is generally recommended if you're a newcomer just getting started.

If you're set on using the CLI, then there is going to be a bit of a learning curve:

Code: Select all

* Consider using -non-strict to enable advanced auto-selection
* Consider using --filter "id in [350179]" or --q "Single Parents" to select one specific series
* Consider using --mode interactive to enable interactive mode
:?: Have you tried using the -non-strict option yet?

e.g. do a test run:

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheTVDB -non-strict --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Single.Parents.S02E01.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv] to [TV Shows/Single Parents/Season 02/Single Parents - S02E01 - Summer of Freedom.mkv]
e.g. if the test run look good, move files accordingly:

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheTVDB -non-strict --format "{plex}" --output "/path/to/Media"

:!: If you're using snap package management, make sure to use --devmode at installation time, otherwise snap confinement will prevent the filebot process from accessing your /mnt points:
https://www.filebot.net/linux/snap.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
werilles

Post by werilles »

rednoah wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 16:15 :idea: The GUI is generally recommended if you're a newcomer just getting started.
How do I install the GUI version on debian?
werilles

Re: Failed to identify or process any files

Post by werilles »

How to install web gui version? Because my system has no graphical interface
werilles

Post by werilles »

rednoah wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 16:15
:?: Have you tried using the -non-strict option yet?
I managed to make it work. It is renaming the files, however, it is taking too long. Do you know what it can be?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Failed to identify or process any files

Post by rednoah »

:?: What exactly is taking too long? Identifying files? Moving files? Something else?

:idea: The operating system / underlying file system take care of performing file system operations. If you move / rename files on the same file system, then the operation is usually instant . If you move / rename files across file systems, then the OS will have to read / write all bytes which is going to be very slow.

:idea: Your logs indicate that you're using a remote file system. This is generally expected to be very slow, because remote file systems are inherently slow. However, Optimizations for Remote File Systems might have some ideas for you if File I/O too expensive.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.