--apply import leaving files behind

Any questions? Need some help?
Fiorelli

--apply import leaving files behind

Post by Fiorelli »

Hi,

I have a fingerprint.ffp file in a folder into which a CD has been ripped. (The folder also includes the individual tracks, and *.m3u, *.log, and *.cue files).

*.ffp is a type of checksum file for *.flac rips.

I am using this command:

Code: Select all

C:\>filebot -script fn:amc --def music=y musicFormat="J:/To/Music/{artist}/{album}/{pi.pad(2)}. {t}" --apply import --output "J:/To" --action copy -non-strict "J:/From" --log-file amc.log
Everything is copied and renamed as expected, except fingerprint.ffp. The amc.log does not mention this file at all.

The Companion files post implies --apply import will copy across all files left behind, but it isn't working for me, for this file.

Original folder contents and console output are below.

Grateful for any help.

rednoah
The Source

Re: --apply import leaving files behind

Post by rednoah »

Looks like *.ffp wasn't on the list of known companion file patterns. Unfortunately, not much you can do about that, other than upgrading top the latest beta in a few days where this will be fixed.

EDIT:

I've added *.ffp to the list with FileBot r8123:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Fiorelli

Post by Fiorelli »

Many thanks. *.ffp was new to me, too.

Is it possible to have something like --apply importall that copies across all files, rather than just those on the companion file list? The context is seeding of torrented downloads - if a file from the download is missing, the download cannot be seen as complete by the client, and hence won't seed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Fiorelli wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 03:38 Is it possible to have something like --apply importall that copies across all files, rather than just those on the companion file list?
We might consider that in the future, if this turns out to be a common issue that comes up repeatedly over time with all kinds of unexpected file extensions. For now, we'll just add the missing extension.

:idea: Alternatively, you can always write your own post-processing commands:
viewtopic.php?t=11078

e.g.

Code: Select all

-exec /path/to/import.sh {historic.folder} {folder}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Fiorelli

Post by Fiorelli »

Thanks again.

The more, erm, reputable, trackers tend not to include junk in their downloads, so hopefully it won't be an issue.
Fiorelli

Post by Fiorelli »

P.S.

I've realised that this is not an issue using --action keeplink because a torrent comprised of multiple file types will continue to seed even if only some of those files have been "converted" to keeplinks. That is, it makes no difference to the torrent client if the contents of the destination folder for a given torrent are a mixture of "actual" files and keeplinks.