Issue matching subtitles with AMC

Any questions? Need some help?
7ur1n

Issue matching subtitles with AMC

Post by 7ur1n »

Good day all,

First of all thanks for the great work. I've been using FileBot's AMC for quite some time and it is great!

Up until recently it was working quite alright regarding finding subtitles but for some reason now it won't find subtitles. Below the call I'm using:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc -non-strict --output "Z:\" --action test  "D:\" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt --def seriesFormat="Z:\{n}\Season {s}\{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --conflict auto --def subtitles=en-non-strict --def plex=192.168.1.1:******************* --def gmail=***********:*********** --def clean=y
Thing is I'm getting a no matches error for example like below:

No matching subtitles found: D:\The.Good.Doctor.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-SYNCOPY[rarbg]\the.good.doctor.s04e04.720p.hdtv.x264-syncopy.mkv
* Consider using -non-strict to enable search by name and opportunistic matching

At first I thought it could be related to opensubtitles but I can find it there:

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... he-same-en

Sysinfo below:

FileBot 4.9.2 (r8060)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.08
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-12-01 (r724)
Groovy: 3.0.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 38 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 72 GB | NTFS [Datos] @ 182 GB | NTFS [Imßgenes] @ 303 GB | NTFS [Imßgenes] @ 412 GB | NTFS [Imßgenes RAW] @ 42 GB | NTFS [aMule] @ 10 TB | NTFS [Transmission] @ 10 TB | NTFS [Public] @ 10 TB
Package: APPX
License: Microsoft Store License

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ivan
kim
Power User

Re: Issue matching subtitles with AMC

Post by kim »

space ?

--def subtitles=en-non-strict
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The amc script will fetch subtitles by hash only. If you want do do a comprehensive search by name then you can use the dedicated subtitles script for that.

:arrow: Fetch subtitles for all files

:idea: Exact VS Fuzzy Subtitle Search
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
7ur1n

Post by 7ur1n »

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick responses!

The en-non-strict part I already corrected in any case it was not affecting the results.

As for the hash, I'm afraid there's something I'm not quite following. Up until recently amc was mostly finding all the subtitles but from a couple of months up until it won't find any. Being the subtitles from the same release I'd expect for the hash to be good. Is it an issue in opensubtitles.org or...?

As for the subtitle download, I could run it before the amc processes the files so I keep the original names in order to fetch the proper subtitles then do amc over the results is that right?

Best regards,
Ivan
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

7ur1n wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 14:27 As for the hash, I'm afraid there's something I'm not quite following. Up until recently amc was mostly finding all the subtitles but from a couple of months up until it won't find any. Being the subtitles from the same release I'd expect for the hash to be good. Is it an issue in opensubtitles.org or...?
Indeed, if it works for the exact same file once, then it should work in the future if you run it again on the exact same file. Unless OpenSubtitles returns a different responses at different times. It's very possible that OpenSubtitles routinely removes subtitles for various reasons, e.g. DMCA take down requests.

:idea: You can use the osdb.explain script to see what FileBot sees:

filebot -script fn:osdb.explain /path/to/files
(add -non-strict to see search-by-name results as well)

EDIT:

:idea: Note that by "same release" I assume that you mean "exact same file / same file name/ same binary content" and not "different file from the same release group".
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.