"Failed to fetch episode data" no matter what I try

Any questions? Need some help?
KrLx

"Failed to fetch episode data" no matter what I try

Post by KrLx »

Hi,

I've been trying to use Filebot for the show https://www.thetvdb.com/series/love-island-espana but there's nothing I tried that helped me achieving a positive result. I keep getting "Failed to fetch episode data".

Code: Select all

Low Disk Space (2.9 GB) on / (/dev/xvda1)
Low Disk Space (2.9 GB) on / (/dev/xvda1)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Sat Apr 24 13:13:57 EDT 2021]
Parameter: minFileSize = 0
Parameter: minLengthMS = 0
Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/{n} ({y})/{'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n.space('.')}.{s00e00}.{t.space('.')}.{vf}.{vc}{'.'+lang}
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: excludeList = /scripts/amc/amc_exclude.txt
Parameter: ut_dir = /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/
Parameter: ut_label = tv
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Invalid usage: input folder [/Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/] must not be inside output folder [] and vice versa
Use excludes: /scripts/amc/amc_exclude.txt (3104)
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C01.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C02.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C03.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C04.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C05.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C06.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C07.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C08.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C09.mkv
Input: /Unsorted/Love_Island_-_España-T1-(2021)[Web/Love.island.S01.C10.mp4
Process as TV Series [tv]
Group: {Series=true} => [Love.island.S01.C01.mkv, Love.island.S01.C02.mkv, Love.island.S01.C03.mkv, Love.island.S01.C04.mkv, Love.island.S01.C05.mkv, Love.island.S01.C06.mkv, Love.island.S01.C07.mkv, Love.island.S01.C08.mkv, Love.island.S01.C09.mkv, Love.island.S01.C10.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate]
Lookup via [398465]
Fetching episode data for [398465]
Failed to fetch episode data: [398465]
Failed to identify or process any files
Finished without processing any files
Abort (�_�)
I tried using flags --q with show ID and show name from thetvdb, also in combination with filter to add show year and season 1, but didn't help, I keep getting the same result...

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: "Failed to fetch episode data" no matter what I try

Post by rednoah »

FAQ #2 will get you sorted:
viewtopic.php?t=7

:idea: Use -list --q to check the episode list for a given show. In this case, we find that --lang English information is missing, while --lang Spanish works:

$ filebot -list --q 398465
No episodes found

$ filebot -list --q 398465 --lang Spanish
Love Island España - 1x01 - Episodio 1

:!: Don't use the amc script. It's ill-suited for non-unattended tasks. Use -rename for manual commands.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
KrLx

Post by KrLx »

That worked! I didn't think about specifying the language and I guess that's gonna be an issue when dealing with unattended calls... I'll have to create a workaround to somehow detect that there's no English version to force the language flag. Thank you very much for your help :)

The reason behind using the amc script is that it's going to be an unattended task. I'm now manually using it to understand it better and fine tune it so that it will work well most of the time without supervision.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Some files are tricky. I'd do them manually, but if you need to automate (even if it means having to maintain mappings manually) then you can do something like this:
viewtopic.php?p=54382#p54382

1. Create a new shell script
2. Write multiple filebot -rename -file-filter --q --lang calls for each of your corner cases
3. Write one amc script call at the end to handle the rest
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
KrLx

Post by KrLx »

Thanks for your tips!

That's exactly what I'm doing already :) In this case I got stuck with this specific Spanish TV Show so I needed some help, but so far I've been succeeding with the automation. The main difference is that I use amc as the main script but you recommend me to use the -rename action.

The transition from amc to -rename at this stage may not be ideal for me, because I've already created different bash scripts with different arguments each depending on the amount of information that I have of a specific movie / show, but I guess I could do an effort it that means improving the reliability and performance.

So far with the flag ut_label="$ARG_TYPE" it's been doing a great job by selecting the right db, but with -non-strict mode sometimes the matches are wrong and for movies that's not a big deal, but for shows it may even move the files to a completely different show because it detect multiple shows within one directory. It recently happened with "Friends" and "Friends (PL)" despite naming of all the episodes followed the exact same structure. For those cases I've been using --q ID and that worked like a charm -except for the Spanish show above, but now I know why-.

And because I want to automate as much as I can, I've started using the strict mode, but for that I need a better mapping, that's why I've started using --q ID as that works really well, I just need to take the language into account :)

I have a huuuge system behind filebot so I can enable mapping to use --q and also detect with another script if I should force --lang flag like in this specific case.

Thank you very much again for your help!