Filebot Now Not Creating Files Plex Recognizes

Any questions? Need some help?
Phobos

Filebot Now Not Creating Files Plex Recognizes

Post by Phobos »

Hi there,

I did post this in one other place but didn't get a response so I thought I'd try here. Please accept my apologies for cross-posting.

I too experienced the breakage as a result of the Synology DSM update. I installed 4.9.3 and it mostly works but I am experiencing a problem that I never had before with FileBot. After it does its thing and moves my files from one folder into a Plex formatted media folder, Plex doesn't seem to recognize most of the media files. Doing the Plex dance of moving the files out and then back in, cleaning the bundles, and optimizing the database seems to solve the problem; but of course that takes away from some of the "set it and forget it" point of Filebot. If there's something I'm doing or not doing, please let me know. I'm a bit of a noob so if it's super technical, I may struggle with it I'm afraid. Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Now Not Creating Files Plex Recognizes

Post by rednoah »

:?: Do we know why Plex is not displaying the new files? Plex refresh problem? File permission problem? Other kind of problem?

:?: Are you using --def plex? That should send a HTTP request to Plex whenever the amc script is done processing, so that Plex can refresh it's library.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

Greetings,

Thanks for your assistance. I don't know and it's a brand new problem. Prior to upgrading to 4.9.3, it wasn't a problem. Plex is set to continuously scan for changes to the library and up until the upgrade Filebot would move the files into the media directory and Plex would see it. I've since added, under Plex Media Centre options, "Synology IP:Plex Token", but that hasn't made any difference.

Because it wasn't a problem before I felt sure it was a Filebot issue rather than a Plex issue. If there's some other information that I can provide that might be helpful, please let me know. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, FileBot just moves files, and there doesn't seem to be an issue with that, so I'm not sure what FileBot could do differently to make Plex work correctly.

If the amc script successfully requests Plex to updates it's library via --def plex, and then Plex doesn't for some reason, then you'll probably want to ask the Plex experts for debugging advice.

:arrow: https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

I will do that. Thank you!