What is the deal with title names it's not consistent..

Any questions? Need some help?
Jorm

What is the deal with title names it's not consistent..

Post by Jorm »

Ok,

So some of my US/UK titled movies get renamed to the original foreign title and some of my foreign titled moves get renamed to the US/UK title name. I have nothing against that it gets renamed but it has to be consistent. You can't have a Swedish titled movie being renamed to the US tilted, while a US titled french movie gets renamed back to it's French title. Is there a way I can set it? I'm using "--db TheMovieDB"

Jorm
rednoah
The Source

Re: What is the deal with title names it's not consistent..

Post by rednoah »

Do you have any specific examples? What language preference are you using? You could try {primaryTitle} to see if that gives you the values you'd like to see. It really depends on what people have entered into TheTVDB though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Er.Ist.Wieder.Da.2015 ->> Look Who's Back (2015)
Forever.Young.2010 --> Heroes (2010)

I can probably give you about 150+ examples. I'm using Plex naming schema and no do not want to fiddle with it.. Would think this should be consistent i.e. either always use local or always use US title or what ever u set it to.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

I have not set a lang preference. I was assuming it was English.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Jorm wrote: 10 May 2021, 19:43 Er.Ist.Wieder.Da.2015 ->> Look Who's Back (2015)
Forever.Young.2010 --> Heroes (2010)
These en-US titles are correct according to the database:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/318917 ... er-da/edit
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/83481-h-roes/edit

:idea: Notably, these are the display names that Plex will use once it has identified and linked the file to a TheMovieDB ID, regardless of how you name your files.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Yes of course the
Er.Ist.Wieder.Da.2015 ->> Look Who's Back (2015)
is the right way i.e. German to en_US title

but heroes is the original Spanish title see: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483386/

Anyways.. let me dig up some more..

I have some other funny stuff going on though such as subtitles getting named one thing and the move another.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you want to understand why FileBot is giving you the movie names it's giving you, then searching for the movie on IMDB to compare things won't be helpful. FileBot does not use IMDB.

:idea: As far as FileBot is concerned, if you select TheMovieDB then TheMovieDB is the absolute and only authority on movie names and translations:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/83481-h-roes
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Here is a funny match, where Guilty.2015 gets renamed to Talvar (2015), even if the correct Guilty movie is the top result when doing a search at the TMDB.

Here is when subtitle and movie gets renamed differently

Code: Select all

Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Auto-detect movie from context [/Storage2/Video/Sources/Movies/N/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Auto-detect movie from context [/Storage2/Video/Sources/Movies/N/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/2_Eng.srt]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[HARDLINK] from [/Storage2/Video/Sources/Movies/N/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/2_Eng.srt] to [/Storage2/Video/Movies/N/Movies/9 (2009)/9 (2009) - 1080p.eng.srt]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[HARDLINK] from [/Storage2/Video/Sources/Movies/N/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [/Storage2/Video/Movies/N/Movies/Nine (2009)/Nine (2009) - 1080p.mp4]                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Processed 2 files
Here is an example of Irrational Man (2015) getting renamed to Pawn Sacrifice (2015)

Irrational Man (2015) is the only match in the movie database

[HARDLINK] from [/Storage/Video/Sources/Movies/I/Irrational.Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-Replica[rarbg]/rep-irrationalman1080.mkv] to [/Storage/Video/Movies/I/Movies/Pawn Sacrifice (2015)/Pawn Sacrifice (2015) - 1080p.mkv]
[HARDLINK] from [/Storage/Video/Sources/Movies/I/Irrational.Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-Replica[rarbg]/rep-irrationalman1080.idx] to [/Storage/Video/Movies/I/Movies/Pawn Sacrifice (2015)/Pawn Sacrifice (2015) - 1080p.idx]
[HARDLINK] from [/Storage/Video/Sources/Movies/I/Irrational.Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-Replica[rarbg]/rep-irrationalman1080.sub] to [/Storage/Video/Movies/I/Movies/Pawn Sacrifice (2015)/Pawn Sacrifice (2015) - 1080p.sub]
Processed 3 files
Jorm
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Those are just random mismatches. Unfortunate, but it happens.

$ filebot -rename -r Test --output . --db TheMovieDB --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Test\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG\2_Eng.srt] to [Movies\9 (2009)\9 (2009).eng.srt]
[TEST] from [Test\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [Movies\Nine (2009)\Nine (2009).mp4]
[TEST] from [Test\Irrational.Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-Replica[rarbg]\rep-irrationalman1080.mkv] to [Movies\Irrational Man (2015)\Irrational Man (2015).mkv]
* The first one is bad luck because there's two movies named Nine 2009 (one as primary title, one as alias title) but since the file names are completely different, the algorithms ends up with a different result for each file for some specific yet random reason. You can workaround this kind of issue by pre-renaming subtitles files to match the corresponding video file by name (e.g. movie.avi + movie.eng.srt) in advance.

* The second one works for me. Not sure what might be different in your case.

EDIT:

If your folders are always consistently well-named already, then you can use a custom --q expression to help things along:

{folder.name.match(/.*?\d{4}/).space(/ /)}
e.g.

$ filebot -rename -r Test --q "{folder.name.match(/.*?\d{4}/).space(/ /)}" --output . --db TheMovieDB --format "{plex}" --action TEST 
Looking up movie by query [Irrational Man 2015]
Looking up movie by query [Nine 2009]
[TEST] from [Test\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [Movies\Nine (2009)\Nine (2009).mp4]
[TEST] from [Test\Nine.2009.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG\2_Eng.srt] to [Movies\Nine (2009)\Nine (2009).eng.srt]
[TEST] from [Test\Irrational.Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-Replica[rarbg]\rep-irrationalman1080.mkv] to [Movies\Irrational Man (2015)\Irrational Man (2015).mkv]
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Ok thanks for the tip.. yes input folders are always named movie.name.year.extrainfo. I could let me pre-processing script rename the subtitle files will not be very hard, so will implement that. Question when using {plex.derive{" - $vf"}} (which is a must to get subtitles to also have the resolution in the right spot plex.tail etc doesn't work). would it be possible to not have "Movie" in the path as that is actually not a plex requirement. You can have a top-level plex movie library path name XYZ there is not need to name it Movie as long as it's defined as Movie in plex. At the moment I'm circumventing this my temporarily making a symlink ..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure. You can derive your custom Plex path and then take the tail section from that:

{ plex.derive{" [$vf]"}.tail }
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Ah..

Auto-detect movie from context [/Storage/Video/Sources/Movies/L/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [/Storage/Video/Sources/Movies/L/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [/Storage/Video/Movies/L/Movies/River (2014)/River (2014) - 1080p.mp4]

How are your algorithm working? Lost River is a 2015 movie (according to MovieDB) but the file is incorrectly named 2014, it then gets renamed to Lost River 2014 which is incorrect. I'm not using "-non-strict" as I want it to fail when not correct but this one didn't and instead get renamed incorrectly which is sometime I want to avoid as I want to catch that in a second run when I run interactivly.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, River (2014) matches Lost.River.2014 even in Strict Mode.

EDIT:

Also, Lost is a known release group name, which might be the root cause of the problem.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

rednoah wrote: 11 May 2021, 09:38 Sure. You can derive your custom Plex path and then take the tail section from that:

{ plex.derive{" [$vf]"}.tail }
Ah great :).. can I also use the ascii() with this I get an error when testing?
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

rednoah wrote: 11 May 2021, 09:58 Unfortunately, River (2014) matches Lost.River.2014 even in Strict Mode.

EDIT:

Also, Lost is a known release group name, which might be the root cause of the problem.
Ok think I will do a parser of out put to put a warning in the logs.. need to work with the movieDB API I guess. just want to cut down on the proofing..

Cheers Jorm
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, there's probably no one-size-fits-all solution here, and there's always a chance of running into some odd corner case once you throw enough files at it.

I did play with it a little bit though, and the custom --q expression does seem to nudge things in the right direction in this case as well:

$ filebot -rename -r . --output . --db TheMovieDB  --q "{folder.name.match(/^.+?\d{4}/).space(/ /)}" --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [Movies/Lost River (2015)/Lost River (2015).mp4]

I had another idea unique to your use case, since you already kinda know what the result is supposed to be, at the very least we know the first letter, we can add --filter "n =~ /^L/" to enforce this and give us an extra 25/26 chance of eliminating potential mismatches in advance:

$ filebot -rename -r . --output . --db TheMovieDB --filter "n =~ /^L/" --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
Movie not found: Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4
:idea: Adding -non-strict to the command above will give us Lost River since River isn't a competing option anymore.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

rednoah wrote: 11 May 2021, 11:23 Yep, there's probably no one-size-fits-all solution here, and there's always a chance of running into some odd corner case once you throw enough files at it.

I did play with it a little bit though, and the custom --q expression does seem to nudge things in the right direction in this case as well:

$ filebot -rename -r . --output . --db TheMovieDB  --q "{folder.name.match(/^.+?\d{4}/).space(/ /)}" --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4] to [Movies/Lost River (2015)/Lost River (2015).mp4]
I'm well aware there will be errors no matter what you do, you process enough movies and you will run into those situations. I will play around too. To be honest I've not had time to invest time to fully understand filebots parsing and rules as I'm fully occupied with work and kids.

rednoah wrote: 11 May 2021, 11:23
I had another idea unique to your use case, since you already kinda know what the result is supposed to be, at the very least we know the first letter, we can add --filter "n =~ /^L/" to enforce this and give us an extra 25/26 chance of eliminating potential mismatches in advance:

$ filebot -rename -r . --output . --db TheMovieDB --filter "n =~ /^L/" --format "{plex}" --action TEST --log INFO
Movie not found: Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG/Lost.River.2014.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4
:idea: Adding -non-strict to the command above will give us Lost River since River isn't a competing option anymore.
I've not tested this but will this not force movie to start on L in this case, and that will not work when there is a legit rename of the movie?

I am however really curious if I can get the .ascii() working as I do not want Unicode chars in the filenames, especially not in the first letter as it will determine where I store the final movie file.

Cheers and thanks for all help Jorm
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Jorm wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:15 I've not tested this but will this not force movie to start on L in this case, and that will not work when there is a legit rename of the movie?
Correct. This will indeed prevent legit matches such as Forever YoungHeroes so I guess it's primarily useful for making Strict Mode more strict. However, using it in combination with -non-strict could potentially open the door to mismatches, so depending on your files, might work better for some files, and less well for others.

Jorm wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:15 I am however really curious if I can get the .ascii() working as I do not want Unicode chars in the filenames, especially not in the first letter as it will determine where I store the final movie file.
Extending the format expression from above, this should do it:

{ plex.derive{" [$vf]"}.tail.path.ascii() }
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

rednoah wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:30
Jorm wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:15 I am however really curious if I can get the .ascii() working as I do not want Unicode chars in the filenames, especially not in the first letter as it will determine where I store the final movie file.
Extending the format expression from above, this should do it:

{ plex.derive{" [$vf]"}.tail.path.ascii() }
Thanks that works like charm :)