Language tag of subtitles changed

Any questions? Need some help?
neriox

Language tag of subtitles changed

Post by neriox »

Hello,
I'm using the last version of Filebot, auto-update.
For months, I downlaoded portuguese brazilian subtitles and the language tag ".pb" was added to my subtitles.
However, from today, all scripts are putting ".pob" and not ".pb".
I maintened --lang pb in all my scripts, but from today the scipr starting put .pob.
What is happened?
Thanks
romano

Re: Language tag of subtitles changed

Post by romano »

The [Windows] Advanced Context Menu is working great, i dont use the filebot directely, as the Menu is doing the work good.

Porque não usas o [Windows] Advanced Context Menu?, é muito mais rápido e simples.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I changed that. There's issue between Java Locale support and what people generally consider a "language".

{lang} will now be a filebot-specific Language object, and not Locale, and default String value will be ISO3. The other values you may want you can get via properties

* {lang.iso2}
* {lang.iso3}
* {lang.name}
* {lang.locale}

The default was always ISO3 but because Brazilian portuguese is not in the ISO standard it can't convert 2-letter code to 3-letter and thus just keep 2-letter.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
romano

Post by romano »

Just an reminder, there is the Language Portuguese from Portugal and from Brasil, you can use per example for 2 words pt:from Portugal or br:from Brasil, the normal is pt-pt from portugal and pt-br from brasil.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I know, that's why I can't use Java Locale since in the iso standard there is only one language with different variants, so pb/pob is not in the standard technically. No worries, it's taken care of now. But people may have to change their format a bit.
neriox

Post by neriox »

There is a way to rename previous download language to this? Or input the (lang.iso2} to rename old download subtitle?
Also, one more question? Can I use Filebot to force convesion from any encode to UTF-8 encode of subtitles preivously downloaded?
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Not really, though you could use this script:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p2100

2. For the -get-subtitles cmdline call you can set it to force UTF-8, also in the GUI when you manually download subtitles and do Save As it'll give you the options to change the encoding and timing offset.
neriox

Post by neriox »

* {lang.locale} works like a charm! Thank you!
KillerJoeBR

Post by KillerJoeBR »

I have this same issue. Just upgraded from filebot 3.6 to the newer version.

Anyway, how do i use the * {lang.locale} command? Can someone explain or give me an example?

Thanks