Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Any questions? Need some help?
Post Reply
Yellowbird
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Apr 2020, 06:02

Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Post by Yellowbird »

When I use the Exact Search button Image and select 1x file I get a brilliant result in finding the proper Subtitle on Opensubtitles.org.
Image

When I use the Exact Search button and select multiple files from the Series, I get a different result and a much worse result.
FileBot takes the HDTV and is the wrong file and should have taken the WEB-DL.
Image

This time Filebot doesn't find the S08E06, when it goes searching for more than one subtitle. :cry:
And doesn't find a lot of other available subtitles for that Series.

Furthermore all the subtitles are available for this Series, but unfortunately FileBot doesn't find them.
So a big loss of time while I cannot take multiple files at once, but if I take each of these 22x Episodes and use the same "exact search button", they are everytime spot on!! :)

Is this something I can change in the way of doing things ?

Kind regards,
yellowbird
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 20061
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59

Re: Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Post by rednoah »

This behaviour is likely caused by the OpenSubtitles API subtitle search response being limited to 5 results nowadays. The code was written when the limit was somewhere between 500 and 2000 results which was plenty to have 2-3 options per episode file.


:?: Are you a OpenSubtitles VIP user? Not sure if the 5 result limit is enforced for everyone, or just non-VIP users.


:arrow: You could use the filebot command-line tool to fetch subtitles for each file one by one automatically.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Yellowbird
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Apr 2020, 06:02

Re: Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Post by Yellowbird »

:arrow: At the moment I am not an Opensubtitles VIP-user, but with
filebot -script fn:osdb.stats gave a value of global_24h_download_limit = 200, which I haven't reached today. And it took HDTV instead of the WEB-DL*.srt's while they exist.
The search done per one, gives the WEB-DL for each of the 22x Episodes and not the HDTV-srt's.

:arrow: I have tried to do this as well with the CLI, because that sounded like a good solution, but I cannot get it working .
filebot -script fn:configure --log all --log-file mg.log -get-subtitles "V:\Series\The Blacklist (2013)\Season 08"
No matter what I tried, I always get back in de mg.log => Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I cannot get more information in the log.file and the CLI says Testing OpenSubtitles... OK, but I am still missing the subtitle.
I have tried many options, but no luck so far.
Yellowbird
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Apr 2020, 06:02

Re: Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Post by Yellowbird »

:arrow: filebot --script fn:suball -non-strict . --lang nld seems to have fixed that and is now collecting the subtitles for the files in that directory.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 20061
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59

Re: Different outcome when multiple subtitles of the Series are selected

Post by rednoah »

Yellowbird wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 10:04 :arrow: At the moment I am not an Opensubtitles VIP-user, but with
filebot -script fn:osdb.stats gave a value of global_24h_download_limit = 200, which I haven't reached today. And it took HDTV instead of the WEB-DL*.srt's while they exist.
The search done per one, gives the WEB-DL for each of the 22x Episodes and not the HDTV-srt's.
Unrelated to subtitle download limits, the search result limit makes FileBot think that there are only 5 subtitles available in total to choose from for the requested movie or series, which breaks everything, especially the latter.
Image

Yellowbird wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 10:04 :arrow: I have tried to do this as well with the CLI, because that sounded like a good solution, but I cannot get it working .
filebot -script fn:configure --log all --log-file mg.log -get-subtitles "V:\Series\The Blacklist (2013)\Season 08"
No matter what I tried, I always get back in de mg.log => Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I cannot get more information in the log.file and the CLI says Testing OpenSubtitles... OK, but I am still missing the subtitle.
I have tried many options, but no luck so far.
The filebot -get-subtitles command works like so:

Code: Select all

filebot -get-subtitles -r "V:\Series\The Blacklist (2013)\Season 08" -non-strict
:arrow: https://www.filebot.net/cli.html


:idea: filebot -script fn:configure is a standalone tool for entering your OpenSubtitles credentials. You will call this command only once, or not at all if you've already entered your credentials in the GUI. The configure script does not take any arguments and will ignore all arguments that you may add.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Post Reply