How to match only on episode title

Any questions? Need some help?
BradJJ

How to match only on episode title

Post by BradJJ »

Hi,

I've searched on the forum but can't find the answer to this.

I have shows where the file name format is {show name} - {Epsiode Title}.
I have tried the various 'Episode Order' options including the guidance in 'Match by Episode Title' viewtopic.php?t=6136 but it appears that Filebot needs a date or episode infomration to accurately match the episode, it can't do it solely on the words in the episode title.

I am looking for a way for it to match the episode purely by selecting the episode that has the most number of word matches in the episode title.
I'll add that out of 58 files Filebot's suggestion for about 48 were correct. Only 10 are wrong but I dont understand why if it got so many right why the 10 were wrong.

Below are 3 examples of Filename, Filebot suggestion, Correct Suggestion.

Filename: Grand Designs Australia - Deakin 70'S Retro
FileBot: Grand Designs Australia - S08E01 - Euroa, VIC
Correct: Grand Designs Australia - S06E09 - Deakin Retro '70s House

Filename: Grand Designs Australia - East Melbourne Mini Skyscraper
FileBot: Grand Designs Australia - S09E06 - Greenwich, NSW
Correct: Grand Designs Australia - S06E04 - East Melbourne, VIC

Filename: Grand Designs Australia - Launceston
FileBot: Grand Designs Australia - S08E10 - Dee Why, NSW
Correct: Grand Designs Australia - S06E05 - Launceston, TAS

Can Filebot do what I need so I don't need to go into Manual Match mode?

Regards,
Brad.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to match only on episode title

Post by rednoah »

The files above are definitely tricky, since title in the file name doesn't really match the title in the database, and so things are less likely to work reliably. Depending on the exact situation (i.e. file names, episode titles, and all possible combinations thereof) the chances of FileBot getting lucky will vary. So if you match a large number of tricky files, then chances are that some of them will be off.

However, in this particular case, things do match up out-of-the-box in my test case:

Test Files:

Code: Select all

Grand Designs Australia - Deakin 70'S Retro.mp4
Grand Designs Australia - East Melbourne Mini Skyscraper.mp4
Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4

EDIT:

Note that Absolute Airdate Order has be renamed to Date and Title in newer versions.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
BradJJ

Post by BradJJ »

Firstly let me apologise for the lack of info in my first post.
Short version is that I have switched to your filebot:xpra docker image (I was on the jlesage image which is 1 version behind) but I still have the issue.
I am running your docker image on my QNAP NAS.

My process is:
- Load 1 file (Launceston)
- Click on Fetch data, click on TVDB
- Select the correct show name

I have also tried creating a preset as you posted above, but selecting EpisodeOrder as Date and Title, then
- Load 1 file (Launceston)
- Click on Presets, Match by Episode Title
- Select the correct show name

I always get the same result as I got previously. Launceston is coming up as Dee Why.
I even tried renaming my MKV as MP4 in case it was some weird edge issue.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

I tried the Format as above in your post but thats not to do with matching is it. Thats just how it gets formatted after its matched.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea. Something must be different. Try recreating my test case, confirm it works, and then systematically narrow down what's different in your case from there.

Create pristine sample files:

mkdir "test"
touch "test/Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4"

$ filebot -rename "test" --db TheTVDB --q 196901 --order "Date and Title" -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [test/Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4] to [test/Grand Designs Australia - 20210505 - Greenwich, NSW.mp4]
:!: Indeed, something is off with empty newly created files...

Since my previous test worked for some reason, systematic testing narrowed down the culprit to the time stamp of the file:

mkdir "test2"
touch -t 201701010000 "test2/Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4"

$ filebot -rename "test2" --db TheTVDB --q 196901 --order "Date and Title" -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [test2/Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4] to [test2/Grand Designs Australia - 20151112 - Launceston, TAS.mp4]
:!: If the file was indeed recently created (based on MediaInfo if possible; or file system time stamp if necessary) and if there are recently aired episodes, and if the file is similarly recent, and if the title doesn't match well, then FileBot might sometimes be inclined to match a recently aired episode.

:arrow: TL;DR bad luck; and it's complicated; probably not much you can do; Edit Match one-by-one is probably the way to go here, especially if it's just a handful of unlucky outliers.
BradJJ

Post by BradJJ »

I haven't tried with CLI.

With the GUI I can't recreate what you got. I changed the date to what you set (both created and modified dates) plus around a bit (90's, 00's, 2015) but couldn't get a match.
The only way I have found to get a match is to insert the actual air date for the episode (20151112) into the filename. If I set this even one day earlier or later, no match.

An interesting experiment but not a viable workaround and obviously much harder than manual matching. Thanks for your time. Hopefully Title Only matching will be introduced sometime but I'm guessing I'm the only one in Filebots lifetime who would like this feature..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're using the GUI, with real files, then the time stamp FileBot is working with is likely based on the media.EncodedDate field, which is hardcoded in the file content and can't be changed.

If you were to use the CLI, then you could pre-process the pre-match episode information to nudge things in the right direction:

episode.number(0).airdate(1970, 01, 01)
e.g.

$ filebot -rename /input --db TheTVDB --q 196901 --mapper "episode.number(0).airdate(1970, 01, 01)" -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4] to [Grand Designs Australia - 6x05 - Launceston, TAS.mp4]
:idea: Please read FAQ #2 for details.

EDIT:

:idea: A custom --mapper option would allow to go as far as duplicating the same episode with different titles for matching purposes, e.g. to ensure that a single word match becomes a perfect title match:

t.split(/\W+/).collect{ episode.title(it) }

$ filebot -rename /input --db TheTVDB --q 196901 --mapper "t.split(/\W+/).collect{ episode.title(it) }" -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [Grand Designs Australia - Launceston.mp4] to [Grand Designs Australia - 6x05 - Launceston, TAS.mp4]
:!: :!: :!: This one is just for fun. Even though it works for this particular episode. It may or may not generalize to the entire series. It almost certainly won't generalize well to other shows with more typical episode titles with frequent non-unique words. :!: :!: :!: