Changing subtitle renaming scheme

Any questions? Need some help?
Grogglen

Changing subtitle renaming scheme

Post by Grogglen »

Is it possible to change the subtitle renaming scheme?

It's annoying me that I cannot remove the ".language" from my subtitles, so that they match my video files 100%
I would be super happy if it was possible to do this without using the rename function.

An example, just in case.

How it is when downloaded with Filebot: House M.D. - S08E19 - The C Word.eng.srt
How I want it: House M.D. - S08E19 - The C Word.srt
rednoah
The Source

Re: Changing subtitle renaming scheme

Post by rednoah »

Sorry that's important for people that want to have subtitles in multiple languages and it works with all players so it doesn't matter if subs perfectly match your video file or not.

If you want you can make a script that'll fetch subtitles and rename things afterwards the way you want it all in one go.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Grogglen

Post by Grogglen »

rednoah wrote:Sorry that's important for people that want to have subtitles in multiple languages and it works with all players so it doesn't matter if subs perfectly match your video file or not.

If you want you can make a script that'll fetch subtitles and rename things afterwards the way you want it all in one go.
Is there any way you would be able to point me in the direction of a script that could do such a thing?
That would be super helpful :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Something like this:

Code: Select all

def subs = getMissingSubtitles(folder:args[0])
rename(file:subs)
There's a lot of info on how to use Groovy/FileBot scripting on the website and here in the forums.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.