Rename mismatch: not reading full title

Any questions? Need some help?
iansebryk

Rename mismatch: not reading full title

Post by iansebryk »

specifically Dexter: New Blood is mismatched as Dexter. and it doesn't even flag the colon for validation which means it just rams that forker through and i get either an override notice or, if the file type is different, it just shows up in the wrong folder as another version of the wrong episode. manually fixing this, of course, works, but how the heck do i get it to properly match? there's no linkages that i can find between shows and their db id's.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename mismatch: not reading full title

Post by rednoah »

Please paste the console output.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.

EDIT:

I did test runs with Dexter.New.Blood.S01E02 style named files recently on a somewhat related topic and that should work out-of-the-box:
viewtopic.php?p=56183#p56183

:idea: The thread above will also give some insight on how to use the --filter option to force FileBot to only match recently aired episodes, and potential pitfalls of that particular approach.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

If you put Dexter.S01E02.mkv in folder "Dexter New Blood" it still match the org. show...
or even folder Dexter and Dexter New Blood.S01E02.mkv

I think this can use a tweak
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 20:46 If you put Dexter.S01E02.mkv in folder "Dexter New Blood" it still match the org. show... or even folder Dexter and Dexter New Blood.S01E02.mkv
The OP probably has a newly downloaded file that's not in any kind of specifically named folder. The Dexter vs Dexter: New Blood problem is tricky if there isn't any additional information (e.g. episode title in the file name) if the folder name and file name contradict each other.

The Desktop application will ask you to select one or the other by default, so it's not a problem there. If you're using the CLI, then there are many conceivable solution.

e.g. force recently aired episode via the age filter approach (only works if the episode was aired within the last 30 days from the current date)

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r . --db TheTVDB -non-strict --filter "age < 30" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Dexter.S01E02.mkv] to [Dexter New Blood - 1x02 - Storm of Fuck.mkv]
e.g. use folder name as search query (only works if the parent folder is named "Dexter New Blood" exactly)

$ filebot -rename -r . --db TheTVDB -non-strict --q "{folder.name}" --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Dexter.S01E02.mkv] to [Dexter New Blood - 1x02 - Storm of Fuck.mkv]

Though it should work out-of-the-box under under normal circumstances (i.e. the episode existing on the database; no misleading folder name; no misleading xattr; etc)

filebot -rename -r . --db TheTVDB -non-strict --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [Dexter.New.Blood.S01E02.mkv] to [Dexter New Blood - 1x02 - Storm of Fuck.mkv]
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

the files ALL go into a central collexion where they're then renamed and moved to destination. they do not have a folder between, they are all filtered out of the torrent (as are all the other garbage files that get thrown in them). to be clear: <collection-folder> --> <file>. the files all have season and episode information: eg. S01E02 or S1E2. so, that out of the way, this is the first time i've ever had a file misnamed. even using the GUI, it does NOT ask for any clarification when renaming the episode. it just automatically assumes the show ID and goes on.

here's a screenshot: Image

as for your request for console dump, i don't know what you're asking for. the GUI doesn't indicate where that might be and i'm still figuring out the terminal usage for the saved configurations.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've tried with a new file named dexter.new.blood.s01e05.mkv and it works correctly out-of-the-box. There is a number of reasons of why we might be getting different results, and so we'd have to do lots of trial & error testing to figure out what's different on your machine.

:arrow: Assuming that this is a one-off issue, I'd just do Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Match to fix the match this once and then wait and see if the issue repeats itself next week, or not. Please read FAQ #2 for details.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

well. the entire season is not matching correctly for me at all. i've tried running the entire season through, one at a time, &c. no love. it defaults to the original series every time. i've even re&re'd the installation. could it be referencing an internal db first and latching onto the first match? i have both series, so i thought that might be the case, but i don't know if FB does that. :P at any rate, just offering feedback. hopefully we can work to fix it before next season starts. :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

iansebryk wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:11 well. the entire season is not matching correctly for me at all
Please include screenshots and file paths as text. Please read How to Request Help for details.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

i just watched the last episode... i don't think there'll be a season 2. if you still want the paths &c, i'm happy to provide, but i think given the series is donezo, it might be moot. :P
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

iansebryk wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 17:40 i just watched the last episode... i don't think there'll be a season 2. if you still want the paths &c, i'm happy to provide, but i think given the series is donezo, it might be moot. :P
Well, more test data is always appreciated, especially if you can still reproduce the original issue.