Tv show not found. I suspect language.

Any questions? Need some help?
HellPhantom

Tv show not found. I suspect language.

Post by HellPhantom »

Hi
I am using the windows desktop app v4.9.5.

Thanks for fixing those source dropdowns in this new version.

I have added a new tv show to tvdb a while back but the show is only an afrikaans language show. I do not wan't to lie and set it and its episodes as english with afrikaans text to get it to work like so many other people have done with afrikaans shows.

If I throw the show into filebot "Nommer Asseblief (1979){tvdb-353635}" and try to match search in tvdb it is not found at all. [My preferred default language is set to English].
If I go to Episodes and search under tvdb on either the name or the id 353635 while it is on default language english nothing is found.
if I change language to say arabic it is found but no episode descriptions are returned because I guess they are in afrikaans and not arabic.

Without me trying to be too smart about this, what has to be done by me to get the episode details to be returned and the show being matched. I see filebot does not have afrikaans language as a selection anywhere. can I custom add it myself or is there something else I could do.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Tv show not found. I suspect language.

Post by rednoah »

TheTVDB is kinda clunky with TV Shows where the default language is not English. AFAIK, the API doesn't have a way of filling in fields undefined for the preferred language with some other language that happens to be filled in.

Lookup-by-ID works:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --q 353635 --db TheTVDB --lang English
Nommer asseblief - 1x01
Search-by-Name works:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -list --q "Nommer asseblief" --db TheTVDB --lang English
Nommer asseblief - 1x01
:arrow: If you get different results, do a -clear-cache and then try again.

:!: FileBot doesn't support Afrikaans as --lang and so there's no way to request episode titles in that language.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Would you mind adding Afrikaans to the available languages list in a future change Please.

Sorry I did not see the bit at the bottom, I will try clear cache now.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Ok, so clearing the cache definitely fixed that it does bring back episodes, thanks, but not any descriptions. At least it is now finding the show also.

"FileBot doesn't support Afrikaans as --lang" Is the limitation internal to file bot code ?
If it is not too much of an issue I would really appreciate it if you could add Afrikaans, I have about 60 shows that bring back only bits and pieces of info depending how they were loaded. I do not want to translate the text to english because I want the afrikaans info. At least Plex is reading the descriptions and displaying them correctly although my files do not have names.

I thought I was smart by fixing tvdb and not my filenames so the info could pull from there, but now I will have to rather fix my filenames and embed them as meta data in future.

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r9114 adds support for --lang afr.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Thank you buddy, this is very much appreciated.

I have d/l the Beta portable version and it works just fine.