Help with copying files instead of moving

Any questions? Need some help?
BlackMamba08

Help with copying files instead of moving

Post by BlackMamba08 »

Hi there!

I just moved filebot from Windows and unRaid. I am having an issue with copying vs moving the files. I am unable to seed because the file is being moved to another directory instead of copied like it was on Windows.

On windows I had it going from F:/Downloads/Completed to D:Media/Movies

On unRaid I have it going from /downloads/completed to media/movies but the file is dissappearing from /downloads/completed and thus I am unable to seed using Qbittorrent. My tracker is heavily reliant on seeding so I would like to know how I can make sure the file copies over to my Media share, instead of being moved

Also side note, within the last 24 hours filebot has mis-matched 4 movies. In the past 4 years on windows it probably did it to 1 movie. Any ways I can improve my script?

Here is my script:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "\output" --action copy -non-strict "\watch" --def skipExtract=n --def deleteAfterExtract=n --def excludeList=amc.txt --def extractFolder="\output" --def clean=y --def subtitles=en
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with copying files instead of moving

Post by rednoah »

--action copy will instruct filebot to copy files.

:arrow: If something doesn't work as expected, then you'll want to you'll want to check the log. Please read the Troubleshooting section of the amc script documentation.

:idea: Note that you you'll want to use --action hardlink to hardlink files, instead of physically copying them:
rednoah wrote: 02 Jun 2015, 10:43 We use hardlinks because that will allow us to have 2 or more files that share the same data on disk, thus we can have the same file multiple times at different file paths. We get all the benefits of copying files without any of the disadvantages such as wasting disk space or having to physically copy bits on disk.

BlackMamba08 wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 07:17 Also side note, within the last 24 hours filebot has mis-matched 4 movies. In the past 4 years on windows it probably did it to 1 movie. Any ways I can improve my script?
What does the log say? Please read How to Request Help for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.