What Scrapter for Anime? / Specials/OVAs

Any questions? Need some help?
Elamania

What Scrapter for Anime? / Specials/OVAs

Post by Elamania »

HI,
I would like to know what Scraper is better for Anime.
When I use anidb and TVdb I don´t really see a difference in the output.

2.)
I have here a problem with:
Sword Art Online II -> Sword Art Online Ii/Season 2/Sword Art Online Ii....
The Tower of Druaga SoU -> Druaga no Tou: Sword of Uruk/Season 2/Druaga no...

My problem is that it is using the name of the Season for the folder name although there is no Anime with that name in tvdb and no Season folder in anidb.
ie.: I would expect that for tvdb it outputs: Sword Art Online/Season 2 /... and for anidb: Sword Art Online 2/filename...
The same with the Tower of Druaga and Shingeki no Bahamut. I don´t get why the Season name is taken for the Animename.

Why does this happen?

3.)What do I do with Specials/OVAs that are separate from the Anime in another folder?

Here again it produces this strange name.
Strike the Blood Valkyria no Oukoku-hen - Teil 2 -> E:/Anime/Strike The Blood: Valkyria No Oukoku Hen/Strike The Blood: Kingdom Of The Valkyria - S00E02

And here it does not add an Special Folder:
Monster_Musume_no_Iru_Nichijou_OVA_Ger_Sub -> E:/Anime/Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou/Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou (2016) - S00E74

My format:

Code: Select all

{file.path[0]}:/Anime/{localize.ger.primarytitle.upperInitial().lowerTrail().asciiQuotes().take(60)}/
{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s}/
{f.subtitle ? "Subs/" : null} 
{localize.ger.n.upperInitial().lowerTrail().asciiQuotes().take(60)} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t ==~ /(Volume|Episode).[0-9]+/ ? null : '- ' + norm(t).take(40).replace(/Ova/,"OVA")}
{audio.language =~ /ja|en|de/ ? " [" : null}{allOf{audio.language.contains("de") ? "Ger" : null}{audio.language.contains("en") ? "Eng" : null}{audio.language.contains("ja") ? "Jap" : null} join ""}{audio.language =~ /ja|en|de/ ? "Dub]" : null}
{text.language =~ /ja|en|de/ ? "[" : null}{allOf{text.language.contains("de") ? "Ger" : null}{text.language.contains("en") ? "Eng" : null}join ""}{text.language =~ /ja|en|de/ ? "Sub]" : null}
 [{allOf{source.replace(/BluRay/,"BD").replace(/BDRip/,"BD").replace(/bluray/,"BD").replace(/WEBRip/,"Web").replace(/web/,"Web").replace(/Web-Rip/,"Web").replace(/WEB/,"WEB").replace(/Blu-ray/,"BD").replace(/web/,"WEB").replace(/WEB/,"WEB").replace(/NF.WEB-DL/,"WEB").replace(/Webrip/,"WEB").replace(/Blu-ray/,"BD")}{vf}{mbps}{hdr}{video.bitdepth=='10' ? '10Bit' : null}{ac.replace(/MPEG Audio/,"mpg").replace(/MLP/,"PCM")}{channels}{vc} join "_"}]
{"["+group+"]"}{any{subt}{if(f.subtitle)fn.match(/.\w+$/).replaceAll(/\P{Alpha}+/,'.').toLowerCase().removeAll(/.(p|pro|contribution|repack|SDH)$/).removeAll(/[.]$/)}{fn =~ /forced$/ ? '.forced' : null}}
rednoah
The Source

Re: What Scrapter for Anime? / Specials/OVAs

Post by rednoah »

AniDB and TheTVDB are completely different in that AniDB fundamentally doesn't have seasons, and each "season" is just a separate series. If you use AniDB, then bindings such as fundamentally {s} shouldn't work, but FileBot will make it work for you by cross-referencing TheTVDB SxE information for the AniDB episode at hand. If {s} is undefined, then the entire {...} expression will fail and yield no value. That would be the default behaviour for AniDB episodes where AniDB->TheTVDB translation doesn't work.

:arrow: If your files use AniDB naming and numbering, then AniDB works best. If your files use TheTVDB naming and numbering, then TheTVDB works best. If you use Plex and use TheTVDB as scraper, then you must use TheTVDB, and manually fix matches if auto-detection doesn't work well.

:!: Use {plex} to see what the standard naming should be for the given AniDB or TheTVDB episode at hand. Your custom format obfuscates things, so you get confused when your format implicitly mixes AniDB and TheTVDB information into the destination file path.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Elamania

Post by Elamania »

I use Emby.

Due to matching problems I am switching between anidb/tvdb, whatever matches best.

My problem is that when I am using tvdb sometimes it will use the Season name as the series name with the above format. Why would it do that?
Like with Highschool dxd born it takes this name as the Seriesname instead of only Highschool dxd and then S04.
And yes, this happens when I use {plex} too.
...Or should it be like that?
Elamania

Post by Elamania »

Okay, it only seems to happen with my format, but not with plex.
Is it because I use primarytitle and then it makes such an "join" with anidb?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: If you're organizing files for Emby, then you must use the same database that you have configured Emby to use. This will require you to convert AniDB absolute numbers to TheTVDB SxE numbers ImageImage (assuming that you are using TheTVDB in Emby) and this will be more or less tricky depending on the Anime at hand and how the files are currently named. There is no shortcut to that that works all the time. There are many shortcuts that work sometimes for some files.

:idea: {emby.id} will work best for Emby. The more you stray from the recommended standard, the less well it's going to work.

:arrow: Please read Re-organize previously organized files using local xattr metadata. You can have the same files twice. You'll want to have one primary structure with standard naming optimized for Emby, and then dynamically generate secondary structures for your manual browsing preferences as desired.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.