I use {plex.name}/{plex.name} as format and get MovieTitle.eng/MovieTitle.eng as destination file path

Any questions? Need some help?
Horak

I use {plex.name}/{plex.name} as format and get MovieTitle.eng/MovieTitle.eng as destination file path

Post by Horak »

I've read through a few posts and used google search to see if I can find it myself on the site. I have gone through the FAQ a few times, I'm sorry if this is basic.

This is my command to move to new directories:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "F:/" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict "F:/My Shared Folder" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt unsorted=y subtitles=en clean=y seriesFormat="G:/TV-1/{plex[1]}/{plex[3]}" animeFormat="G:/TV-1/{plex[1]}/{plex[3]}" movieFormat="M:/Movies-1/{plex.name}/{plex.name}"
The problem I have been having since I started using it and I only just noticed, the subtitles get put into directories of their own.

e.g.

M:/Movies-1/MovieTitle
M:/Movies-1/MovieTitle.eng
M:/Movies-1/Movietitle.spa
If anyone can please help I would be appreciative.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming help

Post by rednoah »

If {plex.name} is MovieTitle.eng then M:/Movies-1/{plex.name}/{plex.name} is M:/Movies-1/MovieTitle.eng/MovieTitle.eng. You'll want stick to the {plex} format as-is (and not re-arranged bits and pieces) and everything will work out of the box.

:idea: If you want to customize your destination format, then you'll want to thoroughly test your custom code in the GUI on both movie files and subtitle files, and integrate it into your command-line call only after you've checked all the corner cases.
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

e.g. use {plex} format file name part:

G:/TV-1/{n}/{plex.name}
e.g. use {plex} format path without the TV Series / Movie folder part:

M:/Movies-1/{plex.tail}

:!: Do not blindly copy and paste my code into your command. Use the FileBot Desktop application and the Format Editor first to try it for yourself on a representative set of sample files, i.e. both video files and subtitle files in your case. In general, try to avoid copying code you don't yet understand and have not yet tested yourself in the Format Editor for all your test cases, because others will cut corners that you maybe can't, depending on your use case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Horak

Re: I use {plex.name}/{plex.name} as format and get MovieTitle.eng/MovieTitle.eng as destination file path

Post by Horak »

Thank you! I wanted to test this before replying and it seems to work, I did review the page you suggested as well. Are all the plex.{variable} listed on that page? Is there another page where I can see all the possible variations?
rednoah
The Source

Re: I use {plex.name}/{plex.name} as format and get MovieTitle.eng/MovieTitle.eng as destination file path

Post by rednoah »

{plex} format covers everything you need to know, with one representative example for each property or operator. Note that you are not limited to these examples verbatim. The number of format possibilities that use {plex} as a building block is infinite.

:idea: The possible variations are infinite because you are writing code. See FileBot Groovy Expression Reference Documentation for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.