almann12

Re: Complete Beginner

Post by almann12 »

how do i do this using transmission on mac
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just play with the filebot cmdline. Then you can just setup transmission to run certain cmds on download complete. Get comfy with cmdline and things will work itself out.

You can probably make the utorrent-postprocess script work with transmission. Just need to adjust the cmdline call with transmissions variables. I don't use transmission so you have to look into the details yourself.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

After checking though some docs I get the feeling transmission doesn't play as nice with external tools as utorrent or deluge. I'm sure it's doable but might need some shell scripting.

Maybe easier to make transmission move completed files to a specific folder then run filebot everytime files are added. I already sent you a link on how to do that with OSX Folder Actions on that other thread.
Natilus13

Post by Natilus13 »

So I updated my copy of Java the other day and now I am back to my original problem. The CMD window opens once a torrent file finishes downloading, but nothing happens. I updated FileBot in the hopes that would solve the issue but unfortunately it did not. I have not changed any other settings, I've only updated the two programs.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What's the output? Run the script in a new cmd so you can see the output.
Natilus13

Post by Natilus13 »

rednoah wrote:What's the output? Run the script in a new cmd so you can see the output.
Sorry, I should have included this before for you. I get the following when I run the script...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Of course scripting is working, probably something going wrong in the script your using.

Did you read the notes on 3.0? The cmdline syntax for passing in variables changed.
Natilus13

Post by Natilus13 »

This is the script I am using (that was working in the past)...

Code: Select all

filebot -script "fn:utorrent-postprocess" --output "E:/" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict -trust-script -Xxbmc=localhost "-Xut_dir=%D" "-Xut_file=%F" "-Xut_label=%L" "-Xut_state=%S" "-Xut_kind=%K"
Thanks again for the help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Natilus13

Post by Natilus13 »

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you once again for your help.
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

Ok, so I have tried the quick and easy 1 minute install to no avail. When a torrent finishes Windows opens Explorer to C:\Windows\system32 and then stops there. If you could please point me down the right path, I would be grateful. Hopefully resurrecting this thread is not too annoying.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Is java in the path? Is filebot in the path? Have you tried filebot -script fn:sysinfo in the cmdline and see what happens?
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

i copy pasted the code directly into utorrent.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\e2>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 3.1 (r1292)
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
Extended Attributes: OK
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_09
32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Windows 7 (x86)
Done ?(?????)?

C:\Users\e2>
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well that looks perfect. Can't see where there might be a problem. You torrent should be able to call filebot in just the same way.

In the utorrent logger tab you can see exactly what command utorrent is executing. Have you had a look at that? What happens if you copy that into a new console window and run it manually?
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

this is what is in the log

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "c:/Media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=C:\Torrents\Complete\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG" "ut_file=" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5"

and when I run this in cmd I get

C:\Users\e2>filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "c:/Media" --action
 copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=C:\Tor
rents\Complete\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG" "ut_file=" "ut_kind=%K"
"ut_title=The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5"
Parameter: subtitles = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = C:\Torrents\Complete\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG

Parameter: ut_file =
Parameter: ut_kind = %K
Parameter: ut_title = The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG
Parameter: ut_label =
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Input: C:\Torrents\Complete\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG\The.Clevelan
d.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG.avi
Group: [tvs:The Cleveland Show] => [The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG.avi]

MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.Groov
yScriptEngineImpl.getMissingSubtitles() is applicable for argument types: (java.
util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[file:[C:\Torrents\Complete\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E
02.HDTV.XviD-AFG\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG.avi], ...]]
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.
jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.getMissingSubtitles() is applicable for argument t
ypes: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[file:[C:\Torrents\Complete\The.Clevela
nd.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG\The.Cleveland.Show.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-AFG.avi], ...]]

at Script3$_run_closure18.doCall(Script3.groovy:140)
        at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:137)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)

at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Failure (░_░)

C:\Users\e2>
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Something wrong in the scripting engine? That's odd, I'll have a look at it later. I guess nothing you can do about it now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess I'll have to revert the Groovy engine to an older more stable version with an update later. In the meanwhile you can just disable subtitles. That way you can probably skip the code that's causing that issue.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:: UPDATE ::

Reverted Groovy to 2.0.2 and updated all the 3.1 release packages with that. So just download FileBot again and that should fix everything.
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

Ok, it works when I run it from the cmd window but through utorrent it only opens Explorer to C:\Windows\system32 still.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I donno, it's not like you're running explorer or anything... make sure you're running the latest utorrent version... maybe you can check the utorrent forums why it would call explorer on system32 rather than just starting the given command like it should.

Is there any logging from utorrent or filebot? Is filebot started at all?
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

maybe that is it, my torrent tracker requires an older version of utorrent 2.2.1. I could run this as a script correct with task scheduler correct?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Still it shouldn't open explorer, that's just wierd. I know 2.2.1 doesn't have the single|multi torrent parameter but it should work without. I'm pretty sure filebot is not called at all, obviously my script wouldn't open up explorer or anything like that.

You can try running the script with arguments instead of utorrent parameters, check the "Standalone Usage" section of that script.
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

I saw another tutorial that said it was possible to use links to the files instead of copying to save space on the hdd, is this something built into the utorrent-postprocess script?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's controlled via --action move|copy|symlink|hardlink

You can check wikipedia for what symlinks and what hardlinks are. Also there is --action keeplink which will move the file but create a symlink at the original location (utorrent doesn't play well with symlinks though). Also on Windows it'll need admin priviledges to create sym/hardlinks.
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

I completely reinstalled my OS last night, thinking that I may have had a faulty install causing my explorer to act up. When I got everything back up and running the script would not work again. It works in cmd just fine. I noticed when I copied the script there are spaces at the beginning, when I took those out nothing happened when the script ran through utorrent. When I left them there an Explorer window with utorrent installation directory popped up. I was only able to test it once and will try again tonight, so I need to ask are the spaces necessary?