How do I enable .xattr folders in the jlesage container?

Any questions? Need some help?
FTW

How do I enable .xattr folders in the jlesage container?

Post by FTW »

Hi, I am looking around to enable this but didnt really find a 100% answer to it...

GUI:

How do I enable the xattr file while rename?

is it in Options / Post Process -> check the Export .xattr Folder?

AMC (using jlesage docker):

How do I enable it for AMC?

do I need to add only -> --def net.filebot.xattr.store=.xattr as custom option? next to --def skipExtract=y clean=y ??

Sorry for my noob question but I want to be sure I do it correctly and not messing my filebot

also where the .xattr file will be? in the folder after the rename?

Thanks a lot take time to answer me

Best Regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to correctly enable xattr file

Post by rednoah »

:?: Do you want to just export .xattr folders? (i.e. primarily use native xattr as far as FileBot is concerned, but also export .xattr folders for potential use by other tools)

In this case, Apply Post-Processing Features explains both GUI and CLI usage.

:?: Do you want to configure FileBot to use .xattr folders instead of native xattr as primary xattr storage engine? (i.e. primarily use .xattr folder, and don't use native xattr at all)

In this case, you need to configure FileBot ahead-of-time by calling filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.xattr.store=.xattr which will create or modify the configuration file as necessary.

:!: You notably cannot just add --def net.filebot.xattr.store=.xattr to the amc script command. You will have to launch a shell session within the container (you may need to ask jlesage for container-specific instructions) and then call filebot -script fn:properties within the container.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FTW

Re: How do I enable .xattr folders in the jlesage container?

Post by FTW »

well, I just want to make filebot work with plex using the xattr scanners and plugins

what would be the best way??

Thanks a lot
rednoah
The Source

Re: How do I enable .xattr folders in the jlesage container?

Post by rednoah »

FTW wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 15:42 well, I just want to make filebot work with plex using the xattr scanners and plugins
what would be the best way??
Just add --apply metadata to your filebot command to generate .xattr folders after processing. That'll work.

:idea: If you are using Plex, then I would recommend just naming and organizing your files with the {plex.id} format and then leaving it at that. Plex itself does not use FileBot .xattr folders by default, and I would not touch custom plugins unless I had a very good reason to do so. (NOTE: Plex may drop support for 3rd party plugins entirely so I wouldn't rely on them)

:arrow: Please read the How do I organize files for Plex? guide.

:!: The OP does not mention Plex nor the FileBot Xattr Metadata Scanners & Plug-ins. Context is always helpful.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.