Can filebot sort between children's/adult shows/movies?

Any questions? Need some help?
DoctorBubba

Can filebot sort between children's/adult shows/movies?

Post by DoctorBubba »

I'm trying to figure out how to best sort my media based on how I use it. Since I schedule children's shows/movies for the day and adult shows/movies during the night, I'd like to divide them in that manner. I'm wondering if there's a way to consistently sort them this way via FileBot. I've looked up some shows on TVDB and I don't see anything that would specify a target audience age.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can filebot sort between children's/adult shows/movies?

Post by rednoah »

The {certification} could be useful for your use case. It'll give you the age rating, e.g. PG-13.

e.g.

Code: Select all

{ certification }/{ plex.tail }

:?: {certification} may yield different values for different TV series. What specific TV series should we be testing with?

:?: {certification} may not have been entered yet for one TV series or another. You'll want to think about what do in this case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

I know this is a super late reply but I wanted to respond.

I tested this out and it doesn't appear that it consistently works for everything, which means that any sort of automation of this process is unlikely to work well enough. I have a lot of old TV shows and obscure stuff that won't return results for certification.

I did end up buying FileBot because I think it will be useful, but I think content will have to be reviewed manually, especially considering that a lot of the content I have isn't identified automatically anyway.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, it depends entirely on the metadata that other users have entered. Less popular shows may not have had anyone caring enough to add the missing information yet.

:arrow: You'll want to use the GUI and scroll through the matches and proposed file paths, to at least double-check everything before hitting the Rename button.

:arrow: TheMovieDB/TV will work best, and if you find a series where the age rating has not yet been entered, then you can be the one who enters the missing information for the benefit of all.

:arrow: {certification} may be undefined for some shows, but it's likely defined and working for the majority of shows, so you can take care of the latter first, and put the former aside to some dedicated folder for the time being, so you can process them later, after entering the missing information online:

Code: Select all

X:/TV Shows by PG Rating/{ any{ certification }{ 'No Rating' } }/{ plex.tail }

DoctorBubba wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 05:49 content I have isn't identified automatically anyway.
:arrow: Feel free to post file paths as text so we can have a look. Please read How to Request Help for details on how to report issues and mismatches.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.