[Microsoft Store] Computer Crashed Lost License

Any questions? Need some help?
felawar

[Microsoft Store] Computer Crashed Lost License

Post by felawar »

Hi I reinstalled Windows and lost my FileBot. I cannot find my license key please help.
The email I used to purchase was ---------------
Thank you in advance
felawar

Re: Computer Crashed Lost License

Post by felawar »

Rednoah, i tried Paddle but got the wrong order they have a bot which isn't very helpful. Later sent an email and no response. I bought a perpetual license about two years ago under this email to help with m y Plex server. I've been using it ever since until i had to reinstall windows. Can you look up my email please. I'm stuck in the water here
felawar

Post by felawar »

Actually i found the order it was through Microsoft store i have the order number December 11, 2021 I have the order number should i put it here? I cannot message you privately since im new to the forum
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you have a Microsoft Store purchase then you cannot lose your license key because you don't have a standalone license key in the first place:
rednoah wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 03:09 :!: Note that if you have purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store, then you do not have a standalone license key. Please read How do I restore my Microsoft Store or Mac App Store purchase? for details.
Just log into the Microsoft Store and install FileBot from there. The Microsoft Store remembers all your purchases. Unless you have lost your entire Microsoft account, then only Microsoft support can help. Notably, Microsoft does not give developers access to customer information or customer support tools, so even if you were to send me your purchase details, I wouldn't be able to do anything with those.

:arrow: :arrow: [FAQ] How do I restore my Microsoft Store or Mac App Store purchase?

felawar wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 02:48 I cannot message you privately since im new to the forum
Are you sure? This is your 3rd post, and you only need 1 post to send private messages.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
felawar

Re: [Microsoft Store] Computer Crashed Lost License

Post by felawar »

Yeah i see it in my purchase history and downloaded a pdf of the order just not seeing where to install it from in the microsoft store. I sent two private messages to you with the order information from microsoft store both are sitting in the outbox folder and never made it to sent.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Open Microsoft Store
2. Search "FileBot"
3. Click Install (the button will say Purchase or Install depending on whether or not the currently logged-in Microsoft account has got the FileBot purchase)

:idea: Please include screenshots if you are stuck or confused at any one particular step. It's extremely easy and straightforward as far as I can see, but perhaps you see something different?

felawar

Post by felawar »

All set thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

felawar wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 13:40 All set thank you
I see. Where did you go awry before?