Filebot direct rename

Any questions? Need some help?
mosteanuv

Filebot direct rename

Post by mosteanuv »

Hey guys,

Is it possible to directly rename the episodes, because from what I see it is trying to copy them first. And on some hdds I don't have enough space.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot direct rename

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will always perform an atomic move/rename operation (i.e. instant; physical data is never accessed) because that's what the OS and file system do by default. FileBot itself doesn't know or care how the OS perform the request operation.

:idea: If the OS or file system decide to do copy+delete instead of move to perform the requested operation, then that's either because the files aren't on the same file system (making atomic move/rename operations conceptually not possible) or because the OS incorrectly believes that the files aren't on the same file systems (e.g. when using docker and configuring volume mounts incorrectly).

:arrow: Presumably, it's not working for you, when it should work. We'd need technical details (OS? file system? local or remote file system? source and destination file paths? etc) to make any kind of educated guess as to why it's not working for you when it's working for everyone else.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.