Correctly matching files when source filename is incorrect in relation to TVDB

Any questions? Need some help?
Philmag

Correctly matching files when source filename is incorrect in relation to TVDB

Post by Philmag »

Quick question (hopefully).

What is the most efficient way (via GUI) to get a correct match to TVDB (or other databases) when the source filename has an incorrect Season/Episode structure.

For example, let's say you have 24 files, named S01E01 to S01E24, when according to TVDB, it should be S01E01 to S01E12 for the first twelve files, and S02E01 to S02E12 for the remaining twelve files. Let's assume that filebot does not automatically correctly match the S02 files (which can happen, and it's awesome). Is there a way to tell filebot "S01E13 is actually S02E01, and all files after that should follow the S2 structure".

I know I can do it manually for each episode, but that's a lot of repetitive work. Can we automate this? Essentially match one file to one episode in the database, and have the rest be +1 from that point on.

EDIT: I think I have an easier way to explaining what I mean compared to the above:

Let's say you have filenames S01E01-S01E12 when in reality it should be another season, let's say S03E01-S03E12. Can we tell filebot that S01E01 is actually S03E01 and have it automatically match the remaining files:
S01E02 -> S03E02
S01E03 -> S03E03
etc
rednoah
The Source

Re: Correctly matching files when source filename is incorrect in relation to TVDB

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Please watch the How do I manually match files with episodes in linear order? video tutorial. Please read FAQ #2 and Manual Matching for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Philmag

Re: Correctly matching files when source filename is incorrect in relation to TVDB

Post by Philmag »

Many thanks Noah!