Best way to rename my already sorted TV show from tmdb to tvdb

Any questions? Need some help?
FTW

Best way to rename my already sorted TV show from tmdb to tvdb

Post by FTW »

Hello

what's is the best way to convert a already rename TV Show ex: Another Life {tmdb-79130} to Another Life (2019) {tvdb-365722} or vice versa

if there a way to do it without scanning all the metadata again

thanks a lot
rednoah
The Source

Re: Best way to rename my already sorted TV show from tmdb to tvdb

Post by rednoah »

You can restore previously stored match information, assuming that you still have xattr metadata.

:arrow: :arrow: Re-organize previously organized files using local xattr metadata

After restoring TheMovieDB match information, you can then retrieve the TheTVDB ID from TheMovieDB API like so:

Code: Select all

{ ' {tvdb-' + series.externalIds.tvdb_id + '}' }
** this code only works for TMDB->TVDB

:!: :!: Note that TheMovieDB and TheTVDB are not guaranteed to be compatible. The episode listings and SxE numbers for the same episode may very well be completely different from one database to another. Converting TMDB to TVDB is straight-forward in most cases, but can be difficult to impossible in rare corner cases (e.g. Gundam SEED) and may require you to compare airdates, episodes titles, etc to correctly match a TMDB episode ID to a TVDB episode ID.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FTW

Post by FTW »

okk thanks

and is there a way we can ask to AMC to use tvdb- instead of tmdb- when using ~plex.id ??
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use the --def seriesDB parameter to use a different database, which in turn changes the episode information, which in turn changes the values returned by the various bindings:

Code: Select all

--def seriesDB=TheTVDB
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=13406
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.